From: Ibernet
Subject: Newbie: Help with SNEPS installation
Hello,
I am studying this themes and begun to try to practice things, but I can not
finish installation, this is the problem:
I am trying to install sneps in a Cobalt Raq 4, a machine that runs under a
dialect of RedHat 6.2 Linux, this is what I get:

[juan sneps]# clisp
  i i i i i i i       ooooo    o        ooooooo   ooooo   ooooo
  I I I I I I I      8     8   8           8     8     o  8    8
  I  \ `+' /  I      8         8           8     8        8    8
   \  `-+-'  /       8         8           8      ooooo   8oooo
    `-__|__-'        8         8           8           8  8
        |            8     o   8           8     o     8  8
  ------+------       ooooo    8oooooo  ooo8ooo   ooooo   8

Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Michael Stoll 1992, 1993
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Marcus Daniels 1994-1997
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Pierpaolo Bernardi, Sam Steingold 1998
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Sam Steingold 1999-2001

[1]> (load "load-sneps.lisp")

Do you want to load SNePS

    a) FAST (i.e., just load compiled files)
    b) by compiling source files that are newer than their
       compiled version before they get loaded
    c) by compiling all source files before they get loaded
    d) by loading uncompiled source files only
    e) by compiling all source files before they get loaded plus
       compiling and loading all optional systems (installation option)

    Type a, b, c, d or e: e

  Compiling and loading SNePS and all optional systems....

Compiling file /home/sneps/system-utils.lisp ...

Compilation of file /home/sneps/system-utils.lisp is finished.
0 errors, 0 warnings
The following functions were used but are deprecated:
 SET GENTEMP
*** - TRANSLATE-PATHNAME: replacement pieces (NIL NIL) do not fit into
#P"sneps:load-before.LISP"
1. Break [2]>

as you can see I had to do a symbolic link to file
/home/sneps/load-logical-pathnames.lisp for
/home/sneps/load-logical-pathnames.lsp  since it didn't get it other way, as
you can see, too, it looks like it can't finish the compilation.
Can you help me?
Regards,
Juan
From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: Newbie: Help with SNEPS installation
Ibernet (····@telelab.uned.es) wrote:
: Hello,
: I am studying this themes and begun to try to practice things, but I can not
: finish installation, this is the problem:
Just a short comment: using "sneps-2.5.1.tar.Z" from buffalo with
CMU Common Lisp on Debian works -- there were two errors, but
restartable during compilation. Demos seem to be doing something ...

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
·······@math.uni.wroc.pl    or ·······@hera.math.uni.wroc.pl