From: news.cvut.cz
Subject: Portable GUI for Common Lisp today?
Hello everybody,
I'm a complete beginner to COMMON LISP.
The language attracted me a lot and I decided
to learn it. I'd like to learn to use it also for
common GUIed applications.

My question is what system/gui api would you
recomend to purchase and learn (thats probably the
bigest investment). What of the today available GUI
solutions are most portable (eg. win32/mac/(linux)) and most
widely used? What avaiable system with GUI api
is the best time investment to learn?

Or maybe it is not "realistic" to dream about
the portable gui apps across these platforms?

I've read about CLIM - portable GUI available
eg. by Franz for Win32 or by Digitool for Mac
- is it still widely used, or is it considered to be
"obsolete" or not up to date? Does it have some
big limitations?

Thanks for any comments, suggestments or links,
Frantisek Stafek
From: frantisk stafek
Subject: Re: Portable GUI for Common Lisp today?
sorry for the misconfigured name [news.cvut.cz],
I somehow forgot to configure my news account.
Frantisek Stafek