From: Ross Bagley
Subject: WTB: $200 for "On LISP: Advanced Techniques for Common LISP"
I'm looking for a copy of the LISP book all about advanced uses of
macros and nobody can seem to locate one through traditional means
(used book stores, computer book stores, etc.)  I don't suspect that
asking the publisher to run a reprint will do me any good so...

Someone on this group knows of someone else's copy that's languishing
on a bookshelf, sitting at home, or otherwise being neglected.  I need
a copy and am willing to pay handsomely for it ($200 + shipping for a
mint copy, down to $100 + shipping for a good condition book with all
pages, intact binding and covers, etc.).

Please respond directly to this message if you know of a copy that
you are willing to sell.

Regards,
Ross

-- Ross Bagley & Associates  http://rossbagley.com/rba
"We don't just write software, we help you write software better!"

From: Sashank Varma
In article <············@news.jump.net>, ····@rossbagley.com wrote:

>Please respond directly to this message if you know of a copy that
>you are willing to sell.

i have a new copy (purchased in the past week, in fact) that i am
willing to sell.  i have sent you private email about the further
details.

sashank
From: Ross Bagley
In article <······························@129.59.212.53>,
Sashank Varma <·············@vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
>In article <············@news.jump.net>, ····@rossbagley.com wrote:
>
>>Please respond directly to this message if you know of a copy that
>>you are willing to sell.
>
>i have a new copy (purchased in the past week, in fact) that i am
>willing to sell.  i have sent you private email about the further
>details.

I have accepted this offer, so apologies to the rest of you in
pursuit of the bounty ;)

The notification that Amazon's UK office still has new copies is
particularly frustrating since my search for this book started on
Amazon and I would have expected them to be aware of their own
foreign offices before shunting me off to the used book search.

Ah well, I need it soon and a copy is currently winging its way
towards me, so I'm fine with my overpriced approach.

From: Andrew Hatchell
In article <············@news.jump.net>,
Ross Bagley <····@rossbagley.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for a copy of the LISP book all about advanced uses of
>macros and nobody can seem to locate one through traditional means
>(used book stores, computer book stores, etc.)  I don't suspect that
>asking the publisher to run a reprint will do me any good so...

It appears that amazon's UK branch (amazon.co.uk) still has a stash;
at least, they claim to have shipped my copy today, for only UKP31.50
plus UKP4.95 for royal mail shipping to the US.  At today's exchange
rate, that's roughly US$52.00 total.

Of course, if you'd like to give me $200 for it (it should be in
perfectly new condition), I'll happily take you up on it and order
another one for myself :)

	Andrew
From: Ross Bagley
In article <············@bob.news.rcn.net>,
Andrew Hatchell <·······@enteract.com> wrote:

[...snip...]

>It appears that amazon's UK branch (amazon.co.uk) still has a stash;
>at least, they claim to have shipped my copy today, for only UKP31.50
>plus UKP4.95 for royal mail shipping to the US.  At today's exchange
>rate, that's roughly US$52.00 total.

Thanks for the reference, I may buy a few other copies for the
office from there.  It's very frustrating that Amazon's us website
wouldn't have told me about those copies when I did the in-depth
search.

*sigh*

>Of course, if you'd like to give me $200 for it (it should be in
>perfectly new condition), I'll happily take you up on it and order
>another one for myself :)

Sorry, the bounty has already been claimed.

From: Thaddeus L Olczyk
You could have done what I did. I called a few local university
libraries. After the third one I twigged and asked if there was a web
page to search local libraries. Found one. Now when I need to read it,
I just drive on down.
( Of course I did not photocopy it for about $20 and an hour worth of
my time. That would have been illegal even though the book is out of
print. )