From: Cesar Crusius
Subject: Clisp C interface
Hi there again. I was planning to do some graphical interface with
CLISP, but I would like to interface with things other than X (so no
CLX for me), such as SDL and GGI. I know that I can create functions
and everything in C and interface with CLISP, for example, but I
couldn't find the necessary docs anywhere. Can any of you give me some
pointers or an example? Such as how to define a function open-window
in a lgi package (lisp graphics interface) that would open the window
and return some sort of info structure (width, height, whatever)...

Thanks!

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius            o      _     _         _
Stanford University            __o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)

He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use
Loses both and deserves neither
From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: Clisp C interface
·······@localhost.debian.org (Cesar Crusius) writes:

> Hi there again. I was planning to do some graphical interface with
> CLISP, but I would like to interface with things other than X (so no
> CLX for me), such as SDL and GGI. I know that I can create functions
> and everything in C and interface with CLISP, for example, but I
> couldn't find the necessary docs anywhere. Can any of you give me some
> pointers or an example? Such as how to define a function open-window
> in a lgi package (lisp graphics interface) that would open the window
> and return some sort of info structure (width, height, whatever)...

Hi

In "impnotes.html" (in the doc subdirectory of CLISP source package)
have a look at extensions-2.2 (external modules) and extensions-2.3
(foreign function call facility).

Also in the same directory is extend.txt which might be helpful also.

For examples, look at the modules which come with CLISP.

Regards
Peter