From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: AServe for LispWorks is coming
Some time ago I have spoken about my success to port
AServe to LispWorks. This former port was based on the
CormanLisp-port of AServer - which is based on an old release.
The port was not ready for distribution as I changed a lot of things
"chaotically".

I've begun a new port using the newest AServe from Franz'
AllegroServe page. The good news is that I've got it up running
after a few hours of hacking.
I've done little testing until now but most parts should work. I've tried
to fetch a HTML-Page and a GIF-Image using AServes HTTP-Client
and it worked as it should. I furthermore tested some little serverexamples
like publishing dynamic-html including some images.

The whole port is really in a very rough state - it works but there's
certainly a lot more to do.

I will publish the whole package as usual on my webpage
http:/www.dataheaven.de .

If you find bugs you can submit your bug-reports to me (at the best with
a patch included ;-) )

I won't have the time to fix the bugs immediately - please remember that
I've real "paid" work to do and this is written in my (few) freetime.

And... please don't hit me too much - many parts will look like ugly hacks
but the aim of this release is only to get it running on LispWorks with as
little changes as possible!

Regards,
Jochen