From: ··@spam.com
Subject: Win98 LISP shell
Hello,

I'd read somewhere that "an entire OS has been written in LSIP".

Does anyone know if there is a Windows 98 shell replacement written in LISP?

Thanks,
DJ

   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email ·····@newsone.net

From: ········@hex.net
Subject: Re: Win98 LISP shell
··@spam.com writes:
> I'd read somewhere that "an entire OS has been written in LSIP".

Symbolics is the canonical example of this.

> Does anyone know if there is a Windows 98 shell replacement written
> in LISP?

I'm sure it's possible; if it was possible to implement Litestep and
Serenade as alternatives to Windows Explorer, it is doubtless possible
to construct a "LispStep" or some such thing.  Corman Lisp would
probably be the preferred way to implement it.

But if you consider that few people use LiteStep or Serenade, a
"LispStep" would probably not be of _vast_ interest...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string ········@" "enworbbc"))
http://vip.hyperusa.com/~cbbrowne/lisposes.html
From: Markus B. Kr�ger
··@spam.com writes:

> I'd read somewhere that "an entire OS has been written in LSIP".
>
> Does anyone know if there is a Windows 98 shell replacement written
> in LISP?

There is scsh by Olin Shivers and Brian D. Carlstrom.  It is a Scheme
shell that runs on various Unix platforms, and also Win32 (through
CygWin).  It is written in a mixture of C and Scheme.  scsh is
available from <http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/ftpdir/scsh/>.

--
From: Ben Goetter
Quoth ··@spam.com:
> Does anyone know if there is a Windows 98 shell replacement written in LISP?

Closest you'll find is Microsoft Bob (Windows 3.1, not 98).