From: ············@spammotel.com
Subject: Help getting started
Hello,

I'm just getting started in LISP and am currently reading "Common LISP - A
gentle introduction to symbolic computation."

I've come to the point in the book where I would like to try the example.
The problem is that I don't really know where I download LISP from.

This is probably a pretty goofy question but I appreciate the help.

Sincerely,
DJ

   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email ·····@newsone.net

From: nels tomlinson
Subject: Re: Help getting started
Look here for lots of good stuff, including links to CLisp and CMUCL, among others.

http://ww.telent.net/cliki/index

Good luck,
Nels

From: Kent M Pitman
············@spammotel.com writes:

> I've come to the point in the book where I would like to try the example.
> The problem is that I don't really know where I download LISP from.

There are a number of good, no cost Lisps you can download to play with.

The full list, and much other useful information you'll need (such as a
Lisp FAQ), is findable from the Association of Lisp Users (ALU)
at http://www.alu.org/
From: Friedrich Dominicus
············@spammotel.com writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm just getting started in LISP and am currently reading "Common LISP - A
> gentle introduction to symbolic computation."
>
> I've come to the point in the book where I would like to try the example.
> The problem is that I don't really know where I download LISP from.
>
> This is probably a pretty goofy question but I appreciate the help.

http://www.xanalys.com has some stripped down version
(not in functionality) of their version available so does Franz
http://www.franz.com

Regards
Friedrich