From: R. Giuly
Subject: Serializing objects in *lisp* [mistyped subject in last message]
I'm using CAPI in lispworks and I want to serialize a graphic object so
I can save it in a file. Can I serialize a "capi:pinboard-layout" or any
object for that matter?

thanks

--
Richard Giuly

(remove animal from email address)

From: Marco Antoniotti
"R. Giuly" <·········@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm using CAPI in lispworks and I want to serialize a graphic object so
> I can save it in a file. Can I serialize a "capi:pinboard-layout" or any
> object for that matter?

Look for the SAVE-OBJECT package in the AI.Repository (at least this
is the last location of the package I remember of).

Cheers

NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group	tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
New York, NY 10003, USA			http://bioinformatics.cat.nyu.edu
             Like DNA, such a language [Lisp] does not go out of style.
			      Paul Graham, ANSI Common Lisp
From: Sam Steingold
> * In message <·················@hotmail.com>
> * On the subject of "Serializing objects in *lisp* [mistyped subject in last message]"
> * Sent on Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:20:28 -0500
> * Honorable "R. Giuly" <·········@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> I'm using CAPI in lispworks and I want to serialize a graphic object
> so I can save it in a file. Can I serialize a "capi:pinboard-layout"
> or any object for that matter?

CLOCC/CLLIB/closio.lisp does what you want.
<http://www.podval.org/~sds/data.cllib.html>
It uses a format similar to the #S for CLOS object i/o.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!