From: David E. Young
Subject: Alpha release for LISA
Greetings. The first alpha release for LISA is now available from the
main project page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lisa). There's
skeleton documentation in the distribution, or you can access it by
following the link from LISA's home page at http://lisa.sourceforge.net.

As of this release, LISA runs the MAB planning problem on LispWorks
4.1.20, ACL 5.0 (and likely 6.0), CMUCL 18c and CLISP 2000-03-06, all on
Linux. These are the tested platforms; LISA may well run on others,
including Windows implementations.

I've very interested in feedback. In particular, I want to hear about
Lisp idioms I'm using that are poor choices from an
efficiency/performance (size or speed) perspective; things that could be
better in the programming language; production rules that should work if
the MAB guidelines are followed; etc.

Regards,

David E. Young
Fujitsu Network Communications  (defun real-language? (lang)
(········@computer.org)           (eq lang 'LISP))

"The fact that ... we still
 live well cannot ease the pain of
 feeling that we no longer live nobly."
  -- John Updike
From: David E. Young
Subject: Re: Alpha release for LISA
"David E. Young" wrote:

> Greetings. The first alpha release for LISA is now available from the
> main project page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lisa)...

NB: If you downloaded LISA and are running LispWorks, you should get the
updated release. I left some baggage in the code that is specific to my
environment. Sorry; sigh...