From: Thaddeus L Olczyk
Subject: Java and Lisp
No. This is not going to be a thread debating the virtues of Java
versus Lisp. Well at least I won't bring up that topic, I don't know
about other idiots.

I'm interested in knowing if there is a version of Lisp that compiles
to  JVM bytecode.

From: Donald Fisk
Subject: Re: Java and Lisp
Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:

> No. This is not going to be a thread debating the virtues of Java
> versus Lisp. Well at least I won't bring up that topic, I don't know
> about other idiots.
>
> I'm interested in knowing if there is a version of Lisp that compiles
> to  JVM bytecode.

There's kawa, which is Scheme which compiles to Java byte code, but that
risks starting a thread about whether Scheme is a Lisp.   You can find
it on http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/

--
Le Hibou
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore
From: Weiqi Gao
Donald Fisk wrote:

> Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:
> >
> > No. This is not going to be a thread debating the virtues of Java
> > versus Lisp. Well at least I won't bring up that topic, I don't know
> > about other idiots.
> >
> > I'm interested in knowing if there is a version of Lisp that compiles
> > to  JVM bytecode.
>
> There's kawa, which is Scheme which compiles to Java byte code, but that
> risks starting a thread about whether Scheme is a Lisp.   You can find
> it on http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/

Try 'kawa --commonlisp'

--
Weiqi Gao
········@networkusa.net
From: Bob Bane
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/

I've been playing with this and have been quite impressed.  Its native
mode is Scheme, but the author intends to move in the direction of
Common Lisp as well, and has already thrown in stuff like a near-CL
implementation of format.
--
Remove obvious stuff to e-mail me.
Bob Bane