From: Arthur H. Gold
Subject: Re: please tell me the design faults of CL & Scheme
Julian Morrison wrote:

> (warning: this post might spark a language war; if you hate language wars,
> set the "ignore")
>
> Please tell me the parts of (1)Common Lisp (2) Scheme that are "broken as
> designed".
>
> The reason I ask about the faults is: the good stuff is pretty easy to
> spot by reading the spec, but design faults can be pretty subtle (which is
> why they got in there in the first place, obviously).
The strength of Common Lisp is that it is a large language,
with support for multiple namespaces, an extensive series of
support libraries....
The weakness of COmmon Lisp is that it is a large language,
with support for multiple namespaces, an extensive series of
support libraries.....

The strength of Scheme is that it is a small language, has a
single namespace....
The weakness of Scheme is that it is a small language, has a
single namespace....
--
Artie Gold, Austin, TX  (finger the cs.utexas.edu account
for more info)