From: DvdAvins
Subject: Re: Newbie needs macro help
Erik Naggum ····@naggum.net writes

>* ········@aol.com (DvdAvins)
>> I imagine I'll be back for more help at some point. I don't like relying
>> on help in fora where I can't also provide some. That gives me more
>> incventive to get up to speed quickly.
>
>  As long as you're afraid of pissing people off, that makes a lot of
>  sense, but there's another way: Don't piss people off, show people that
>  you understand and appreciate their advice, hang around at least long
>  enough that you can give advice to some newcomers that come after you,
>  and then you don't have to afraid of pissing people off, anymore, because
>  the only ones you will are the ungrateful bastards who don't make any
>  effort at all to understand and appreciate _your_ advice, either.

I thought that's what I was saying. I want to get up to speed so I can answer
other beginners' questions.

I'm not even trying to bait you, but I seem to be doing it anyway. Perhaps
others will realize that because of differences in idiom, baiting people here
isn't much of an accomplishment. Then perhaps there'll be less chaff in some
threads.