From: DvdAvins
Subject: Re: Newbie needs macro help
Erik Naggum ····@naggum.net
>* ········@aol.com (DvdAvins)
>> Well, now that I've probably pissed off some of the people who can help
>> me (by saying something in another thread that Xah Lee agreed with) ...
>
>  I'm sure you're not interested in hearing this, but I cannot imagine how
>  anyone could have anything against you based on such a fickle thing as
>  second-hand agreement.  However, it _is_ quite insulting to assume that
>  people are so mind-bogglingly retarded that they _would_ base anything on
>  such premises.  You didn't piss me off before, but you did now.

Come on, Eric. If I was truly worried, I doubt I would have brought it up.

I do think it is in many humans' natures to be momentarily iritated by such an
interaction, but only the mentally ill and/or stupid would maintain that
iritation while giving the matter enough attention to become "pissed off". I
was amused at the timing of my two posts, so I commented on it in a way that I
thought no one would take seriously.

After lurking here for a couple of weeks, I have no reason to consider you
either mentally ill or stupid. Prickly, yes. But that's a different matter. And
thank you for the advice.
From: DvdAvins
Me
>After lurking here for a couple of weeks, I have no reason to consider you
>either mentally ill or stupid. Prickly, yes. But that's a different matter.
>And thank you for the advice.

Er..., after posting this, I realized that it might be prone to
misunderstanding in an environment where English is not everyone's main
language. Prickliness is a trait shared by porcupines and thistles. It has its
good and bad points.