From: Juanjo
Subject: [ANN] ECLS 0.2 at SourceForge
Announcement
============

I am pleased to announce the release of version 0.2 of ECLS.

ECLS stands for Embeddable Common-Lisp "Spain", and I usually read it
as "e-klos". It is a an implementation of the Common-Lisp language
which aims to comply to the ANSI X3J13 definition of the language.

It features
+ A bytecodes compiler and interpreter.
+ A translator to C.
+ An interface to foreign functions.
+ The possibility to build standalone executables.
+ The Common-Lisp Object System (CLOS).
+ Conditions and restarts for handling errors.
+ Sockets as ordinary streams.
+ The Gnu Multiprecision library for fast bignum operations.
+ A simple conservative mark & sweep garbage collector.
+ The Boehm-Weiser garbage collector.

ECLS is now hosted in SourceForge (at http://ecls.sourceforge.net)
This
will avoid old problems with my web server going offline, and it will
provide people with CVS access.  Contributors to this project are
welcome.

News in ECLS 0.2
================

* Due to human errors, the bytecompiler shipped with 0.1a was not the
  finished version. In 0.1b we shipped a more polished files. Some of
  the errors which are fixed are
    + Produce the right code for TAGBODY inside closures
    + Activate compiler for SYMBOL-MACROLET
    + Allow non-keyword symbols as lambda-list-keywords
    + Allow more than one :ALLOW-OTHER-KEYS to be supplied, but
      discard other than the first one
    + Process declarations in FLET/LABELS forms

* Fixed the C compiler routines for TAGBODY: it would produce wrong
  code when jumping out of a closure.

* Rewrite the error system using KMP's condition system, CLOS and a
  rudimentary interface to the toplevel.

* Enclosing the bytecompiler in an UNWIND-PROTECT ensures that the
  status of the compiler and of the interpreter is always consistent.

* Port and incorporate Peter Van Eynde's test suite for ANSI
  compliance.

* Replace features ECL/ECL-MIN with ECLS and ECLS-MIN.

* Add simple-program-error and simple-control-error to the hierarchy
  of conditions, and try to ensure that all routines in libecls.a
  signal the right type of condition.

* Define COMPLEMENT and CONTINOUSLY.

* Fix #'= between bignums.

* NIL is no longer valid as the first of a pair of bounding index
  designators, i.e. (nstring-upcase "aa" :start nil :end nil) causes
  an error.

Distribution
============

You can find further information and source-code release in
SourceForge:

	http://ecls.sourceforge.net

The author

The current maintainer of ECLS is