From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: ANN: CL-SSL is coming
Last days we worked on the SSL binding for Common Lisp.

We have now versions running under LispWorks and CMUCL.
The CMUCL version was mainly developed by Eric Marsden, who volunteered
to help with the CMUCL stuff of the project. He has a working binding for
CMUCL that is not (yet) merged with my code and should be available on
request from him for those who are interested.
My version includes some early CMUCL code too (based on Erics code)
but is not running yet (it was a first try to merge the efforts).
I've problems getting gray-streams running with CMUCL as it seems - after
looking into the CMUCL sources - that READ-SEQUENCE is not integrated
into the gray-streams. Perhaps it is better to choose Eric's way and use
CMUCLs inbuilt LISP-STREAM interface.
I would be interested in hearing others opinions on the code and perhaps
get in contact with some people that are interested in doing the necessary
work for at least CLISP, Corman Lisp and MCL.
If your implementation has a FFI that allows access to C-Libraries, can
handle dynamically allocated foreign byte-arrays and has a Gray-streams
interface, then it should be not much work to integrate it.

It is possible to get SSL with AServe (fetching and serving per HTTPS)
running using CL-SSL but there are some minor issues to resolve until it
will be well integrated.

You find the archive in the "Cryptography in Common Lisp" section of

  http://www.dataheaven.de

The project is a joint effort of Eric Marsden, Wade Humeniuk and me, that
was started after I posted some time on this topic here in c.l.l.

The code is written with portability in mind and it is my intention that we
will have one codebase for all the different lisp-systems.

ciao,
Jochen Schmidt

--
http://www.dataheaven.de