From: David Betz
Subject: Symbolics 3645 keyboard and mouse?
Does anyone have any idea where I could get a keyboard and mouse for a
Symbolics 3645? I have found a 3645 that is available and comes with two
monitors but no keyboard or mouse. Obviously, it won't be possible to use it
or even verify that it works without the keyboard and mouse.

Thanks,
David Betz
·····@xlisper.mv.com

From: Hannu Koivisto
Subject: Re: Symbolics 3645 keyboard and mouse?

<http://www.abstractscience.freeserve.co.uk/symbolics/>

| monitors but no keyboard or mouse. Obviously, it won't be possible to use it
| or even verify that it works without the keyboard and mouse.

Can't you at least check that it starts FEP or does it refuse to do
even that without keyboard and mouse?

--
Hannu
From: David Betz
"Hannu Koivisto" <·····@iki.fi> wrote in message
···················@lynx.ionific.com...
> "David Betz" <·····@xlisper.mv.com> writes:
>
> | Does anyone have any idea where I could get a keyboard and mouse for a
> | Symbolics 3645? I have found a 3645 that is available and comes with two
>
> <http://www.abstractscience.freeserve.co.uk/symbolics/>

Thanks for the pointer. I'll send them email.

> | monitors but no keyboard or mouse. Obviously, it won't be possible to
use it
> | or even verify that it works without the keyboard and mouse.
>
> Can't you at least check that it starts FEP or does it refuse to do
> even that without keyboard and mouse?

I haven't actually taken possession of the machine yet so I can't say. I
don't suppose there is any way to bring it up using a serial console?
From: ···············@solibri.com
"David Betz" <·····@xlisper.mv.com> writes:

> Does anyone have any idea where I could get a keyboard and mouse for a
> Symbolics 3645? I have found a 3645 that is available and comes with two
> monitors but no keyboard or mouse. Obviously, it won't be possible to use it
> or even verify that it works without the keyboard and mouse.

One possibility would be Symbolics Technology, Inc. They seem to have
their Web site up again, so try  www.symbolics.com, for example.

From: Paolo Amoroso
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:54:54 GMT, "David Betz" <·····@xlisper.mv.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea where I could get a keyboard and mouse for a
> Symbolics 3645? I have found a 3645 that is available and comes with two

You may try asking to the LispM mailing list:

A couple of useful resources:

  A few things I know about LISP Machines
  http://fare.tunes.org/LispM.html

  Lisp Machine supplies and information