From: yann ARMAND
Subject: [defsystem] defsystem working on cmucl/freeBSD
I can't succed using defsystem (from cmucl sources) with cmucl on FreeBSD.

There is a problem with the :source-pathname of the system.
For example:

(defsystem server2
 :source-pathname "/net/homes/yann/netbox/Sources/Server2/CLSources"
 :source-extension "lisp"
 :binary-pathname nil
 :binary-extension nil
 :components (
              (:module users
                       :source-pathname "users"
                       :components ((:file "profile")
                                    (:file "user"
                                           :depends-on ("profile"))
                                    (:file "group")))
 :depends-on nil)

I have the error:
Type-error in KERNEL::OBJECT-NOT-TYPE-ERROR-HANDLER:
   #() is not of type (OR CONS
                          BASE-STRING
                          (MEMBER NIL :UNSPECIFIC :WILD)
                          COMMON-LISP::PATTERN)

Down in frames i have:
(MAKE::CREATE-COMPONENT-PATHNAMES #<MODULE: users> #<DEFSYSTEM: server2>)

Taking a look to the source, the error comming in the root pathname of
system.

All work fine on Linux.

Does any one have an idea ?

--
-----
-yVa-

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: Re: [defsystem] defsystem working on cmucl/freeBSD
yann ARMAND <·······@free.fr> writes:

> I can't succed using defsystem (from cmucl sources) with cmucl on FreeBSD.
>
> There is a problem with the :source-pathname of the system.
> For example:
>
> [snip]
>
> Does any one have an idea ?

Yes.

This is almost certainly due to the removal of :cmu17 from *features*,
which wasn't done terribly consistently, and the various different
versions of mk:defsystem floating around.

I don't think I can be any more specific without knowing what your
*features* lists are in both cases, but I think you have to search for
feature tests for :cmu17, and replace them with (or :cmu17 :cmu18).

Yes, I know, this sucks. You may find that the clocc mailing lists
(clocc is the main repository for mk:defsystem these days; see
<URL:http://clocc.sourceforge.net/>) are more able to help you.

Cheers,

Christophe
--
Jesus College, Cambridge, CB5 8BL                           +44 1223 524 842
http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/                  (defun pling-dollar
From: yann ARMAND
Christophe Rhodes wrote:
> Yes.
>
> This is almost certainly due to the removal of :cmu17 from *features*,
> which wasn't done terribly consistently, and the various different
> versions of mk:defsystem floating around.
>
> I don't think I can be any more specific without knowing what your
> *features* lists are in both cases, but I think you have to search for
> feature tests for :cmu17, and replace them with (or :cmu17 :cmu18).
>
> Yes, I know, this sucks. You may find that the clocc mailing lists
> (clocc is the main repository for mk:defsystem these days; see
> <URL:http://clocc.sourceforge.net/>) are more able to help you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christophe

Effectively, there is a :cmu17 in cmucl18a (on linux) and not in cmucl18c
(on freeBSD).

The clocc version of defsystem works well with cmucl18c (freeBSD).

Thx a lot Christophe.

--
-----
-yVa-