From: Sumit Rangwala
Subject: from where to Download Lisp
Hi
    I am a newbie to Lisp. Can anybody help me to find a copy of Lisp on
the Net.

Sumit

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: from where to Download Lisp
Sumit Rangwala <······@india.ti.com> writes:

> I am a newbie to Lisp. Can anybody help me to find a copy of Lisp on
> the Net.

There are a number of options.  Which is right for you depends on your
personal needs in terms of cost, support, platform, etc.

See www.alu.org for more information.

If something there is hard to find or hard to understand, come back and
here and we'll help clarify things for you.
From: Thaddeus L Olczyk
On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 22:07:37 +0530, Sumit Rangwala
<······@india.ti.com> wrote:

>Hi
>    I am a newbie to Lisp. Can anybody help me to find a copy of Lisp on
>the Net.
>
>Sumit

While you may come across several versions of lisp (CLISP,CMUCL,Franz
LispWorks), if all you want to do is learn lisp then Emacs makes a
great system to play with ( once you get used to it ). It does take
more effort to debug though.
From: Joel Ray Holveck
>>    I am a newbie to Lisp. Can anybody help me to find a copy of Lisp on
>> the Net.
> While you may come across several versions of lisp (CLISP,CMUCL,Franz
> LispWorks), if all you want to do is learn lisp then Emacs makes a
> great system to play with ( once you get used to it ). It does take
> more effort to debug though.

Why do you say that?  I haven't found any debugging package that I
like better than edebug.

Personally, I would love for something corresponding to edebug to be
added to ilisp.  I've been looking at that, starting with CMU's STEP
package as a base, but it's uphill work (mostly because of
complications involving macros).  Does anybody know of some relevant
code augmentation code around that I could look at?

Thanks,
joelh