From: Jeff Sandys
Subject: XP testing for lisp
Are there any unit testing packages for Lisp?

Lisp is ideal for extreme programming, but extreme
programming asks for unit and functional tests to
be built first.  I have always used an interactive
session to test each unit.  There are no Lisp test
packages on the extreme programming site:

	http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm

If someone has a test package, they should submit it.

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: XP testing for lisp

    Jeff> Are there any unit testing packages for Lisp?
    Jeff> Lisp is ideal for extreme programming, but extreme
    Jeff> programming asks for unit and functional tests to
    Jeff> be built first.  I have always used an interactive
    Jeff> session to test each unit.  There are no Lisp test
    Jeff> packages on the extreme programming site:

    Jeff> 	http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm

    Jeff> If someone has a test package, they should submit it.

Richard Waters has a test package.  It should be in the CMU AI
repository.  I know It's used for regression testing for his SERIES
and XP packages.

Ray
From: mikel evins
"Jeff Sandys" <·······@asme.org> wrote in message
······················@asme.org...
> Are there any unit testing packages for Lisp?
>
> Lisp is ideal for extreme programming, but extreme
> programming asks for unit and functional tests to
> be built first.  I have always used an interactive
> session to test each unit.  There are no Lisp test
> packages on the extreme programming site:
>
> http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm
>
> If someone has a test package, they should submit it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Sandys

There is one called xptest.lisp at

http://alpha.onshored.com/lisp-software/

(Do a text search of the page for 'xptest' and you'll find the package
entry.)

You can get the package by anonymous cvs. I am using it for testing the code
in a game I'm doing in my spare time; it works like a charm. (Thanks to
Craig Brozefsky <·····@red-bean.com> for making it available).
From: Stig E. Sandoe
"mikel evins" <·······@mikelevins.com> writes:

> "Jeff Sandys" <·······@asme.org> wrote in message
> ······················@asme.org...
> > Are there any unit testing packages for Lisp?
> >
> > Lisp is ideal for extreme programming, but extreme
> > programming asks for unit and functional tests to
> > be built first.  I have always used an interactive
> > session to test each unit.  There are no Lisp test
> > packages on the extreme programming site:
> >
> > http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm
> >
> > If someone has a test package, they should submit it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff Sandys
>
> There is one called xptest.lisp at
>
> http://alpha.onshored.com/lisp-software/
>
> (Do a text search of the page for 'xptest' and you'll find the package
> entry.)

For the people who're using the prototype cCLan there is a
packaged version of XPTEST called 'cl-xptest'.  A simple
'apt-get install cl-xptest' should do the job.  :-)

For more info about cCLan, please look at the crude start of a
homepage at <URL: http://cclan.sourceforge.net/>

Stig Erik Sandoe     ····@ii.uib.no    http://www.ii.uib.no/~stig/
From: Frank A. Adrian
"Jeff Sandys" <·······@asme.org> wrote in message
······················@asme.org...
> Are there any unit testing packages for Lisp?

I've just submitted a package called CLUnit to CLOCC (see
www.sourceforge.net).

faa
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:26:20 GMT, Jeff Sandys <·······@asme.org> wrote:

> Are there any unit testing packages for Lisp?

Besides the tools mentioned in this thread, one more testing tool is about
to be added to CLOCC:

  http://clocc.sourceforge.net/

Paolo