From: Rolf Wester
Subject: Problem with logical host
Hi,

I want to compile cllib and port using Clisp on Windows. I compiled
system.lisp and it works
file. When typing (mk:compile-system "port") I get the mnessage that
anything is wrong
with the locical host CLOCC. Can anybody help me with this problem? What
do I have to do?

The lines that are responsible for the error messages are:

(setf (logical-pathname-translations "port")
      `(("**;*" ,(logical-pathname "clocc:src;port;**;*"))))

The source files and the *.system file are in ..\clocc\src\port.
I guess I have to define clocc. But I don't know how and the
documentation that I read
didn't help me much. I would be very appreciative for any help.

Rolf

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Problem with logical host
> * In message <·················@ilt.fhg.de>
> * On the subject of "Problem with logical host"
> * Sent on Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:56:31 +0200
> * Honorable Rolf Wester <······@ilt.fhg.de> writes:
>
> I want to compile cllib and port using Clisp on Windows. I compiled
> system.lisp and it works file. When typing (mk:compile-system "port")
> I get the mnessage that anything is wrong with the locical host
> CLOCC. Can anybody help me with this problem? What do I have to do?
>
> The lines that are responsible for the error messages are:
>
> (setf (logical-pathname-translations "port")
>       `(("**;*" ,(logical-pathname "clocc:src;port;**;*"))))
>
> The source files and the *.system file are in ..\clocc\src\port.  I
> guess I have to define clocc. But I don't know how and the
> documentation that I read didn't help me much. I would be very
> appreciative for any help.

the file INSTALL in the top-level of the CLOCC tree tells you to load
file clocc.lisp, which actually defines the "CLOCC" logical host.

It's best to ask CLOCC-related questions on the clocc-list mailing list.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
From: Rolf Wester
Sam Steingold wrote:

> > * In message <·················@ilt.fhg.de>
> > * On the subject of "Problem with logical host"
> > * Sent on Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:56:31 +0200
> > * Honorable Rolf Wester <······@ilt.fhg.de> writes:
> >
> > I want to compile cllib and port using Clisp on Windows. I compiled
> > system.lisp and it works file. When typing (mk:compile-system "port")
> > I get the mnessage that anything is wrong with the locical host
> > CLOCC. Can anybody help me with this problem? What do I have to do?
> >
> > The lines that are responsible for the error messages are:
> >
> > (setf (logical-pathname-translations "port")
> >       `(("**;*" ,(logical-pathname "clocc:src;port;**;*"))))
> >
> > The source files and the *.system file are in ..\clocc\src\port.  I
> > guess I have to define clocc. But I don't know how and the
> > documentation that I read didn't help me much. I would be very
> > appreciative for any help.
>
> the file INSTALL in the top-level of the CLOCC tree tells you to load
> file clocc.lisp, which actually defines the "CLOCC" logical host.

Thanks a lot for your help. I now succeded in compiling port and cllib.

> It's best to ask CLOCC-related questions on the clocc-list mailing list.

I didn't  regard my question as being very CLOCC-specific. I thought it was mainly
about
local hosts, logical pathnames etc., concepts that I don't fully understand until
now.

Rolf