From: Paul Tarvydas
Subject: LW vs. MFC GUI's
Does anyone have experience / comments on how to join a GUI done in
Microsoft MFC (C++) to LispWorks?  I'd love to give an existing MFC program
a major facelift by stealing the hard work (a 2-D graphics subsystem) and
bolting it into a GUI built with LispWorks and CAPI.

The last time I looked at this problem, I was stumped and couldn't proceed
because I could not find a way to make the C++ subsystem into a stand-alone
DLL - I couldn't figure out how to initialize the MFC hierarchy so that it
could happily live in a DLL.  Every example program I found made the basic
assumption that WinMain was owned by MFC and that all of the MFC
initialization was done in that main program.  I think that my problem is
equivalent to that of calling an MFC DLL from a C mainline.

Any pointers to pertinent documentation, comments, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

thanx
Paul Tarvydas
·········@tscontrols.com