From: Robert Gonzalez
Subject: Making shareable libraries
Hello,

Anyone know if any commercial or free CL implementations allow the
creation of shareable object libraries written in CL with an external C
calling interface?  I.e., many CL's today have foreign language
interfaces which go the other way, as in a CL function making a call to
a C function.  But I need to create a self-contained package, with no
functionality that would need to invoke eval or similar functions, that
would be callable by a C program (or TCL/Python/C++).

Its been about 10 years since I did extensive CL hacking (with Lucid in
KEE), and I don't recall it having this type of capability at that
time.  Now I would like to utilize CL's strengths in a particular
application, but I need to use it within an hybrid language environment,
without CL being the master, since that may upset management that may be
too hostile to the idea of using lisp in a starring role.

Thanks,

rg

(change no-spam to rgonzalez1)
From: Reini Urban
Subject: Re: Making shareable libraries
almost every better lisp is C callable.
  acl, lwp, clisp, corman lisp, cmucl, ...
lookup the ffi specs. I have an overview at my site.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/acadwiki/AutoLispFaq