From: Luis Malheiro
Subject: Condition Variable in Liquid Common Lisp V5.0.7?
Hi, I need to spawn a lisp process for each element in a
list (you could say it's a "map-process" function...), but
the number of processes running at any time must be limited,
let's say, to 10.  When using Pthreads, I normally would use
a condition variable to signal the parent thread every time
one child thread had finished, but I can't find that
mechanism in Liquid. It seems to me that I'll have to poll a
variable, what I wouldn't like to do...

Is there a similar mechanism to condition variables in
Liquid and I'm being only unable to find it? Sorry if the
question is stupid...

I'm using Liquid Common Lisp Version 5.0.7 in Solaris 2.6.

Thanks for any help,
Luis