From: Larry Loen
Subject: Newbie Streams Problem (Install error?)
I am having a little trouble with input and output streams.

When I supply simple names, the I/O streams stuff seem to default to the installation directory and not the current directory.  I built CLISP from
source.  Is there some critical bit of infrastructure I got wrong?

Larry
From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: Newbie Streams Problem (Install error?)
"Larry Loen" <······@rchland.vnet.ibm.com> wrote in message
······················@rchland.vnet.ibm.com...
> I am having a little trouble with input and output streams.
>
> When I supply simple names, the I/O streams stuff seem to default to the
installation directory and not the current directory.  I built CLISP from
> source.  Is there some critical bit of infrastructure I got wrong?
>

> Larry

Try (merge-pathnames "simple-name.file" *load-pathname*)

this may happen to work as you hope in whatever context you happen to be
using it.  My impression though is that to do this properly (ie. get the
"right" directory all the time) is not always straightforward.

Coby

--
(remove #\space "coby . beck @ opentechgroup . com")