From: Patrick Boulay
Subject: Lisp on XEmacs
Hi,

Anyone know how can I had in emacs config the feature that when I put
my code between

#if 0
...c or c++ code...

#endif

the text will appear red like /* and */ comment...

please help me!

Patrick

From: Richard Krush
Subject: Re: Lisp on XEmacs
Patrick Boulay <·······@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Anyone know how can I had in emacs config the feature that when I put
> my code between

> #if 0
> ...c or c++ code...

> #endif

> the text will appear red like /* and */ comment...

I think you should ask in one of the EMACS groups instead, especially
comp.emacs.xemacs and comp.emacs.

Si vales, valeo.

--
  Richard Krushelnitskiy   "A mathematician is a blind man in a dark
  ·········@gmx.net         room looking for a black cat which isn't
From: Christos Kloukinas *replace Xos with inria*
·······@hotmail.com (Patrick Boulay) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know how can I had in emacs config the feature that when I put
> my code between
>
> #if 0
> ...c or c++ code...
>
> #endif
>
> the text will appear red like /* and */ comment...
Gessing from the above line that what you want to do is _comment_ out
some code, I believe that you should use the usual lisp comment
character ;. So, if you have a line like this:
(lisp code you want to comment out)
you should add before it a ; like this:
; (lisp code you want to comment out)

If you want to comment out a whole region, you can mark it and then
call M-x comment-region .

This command takes a numeric argument which tells it the number of ;'s
to place in front of each line (the comment level),
e.g., C-u 4 M-x comment-region.

If you later on wish to uncomment the region, you mark it and call the
comment-region command with a negative integer, e.g.,
C-u - 3 M-x comment-region , to remove the first 3 leading ;'s from
each line in the region.

Christos
From: Janis Dzerins
Christos Kloukinas *replace Xos with inria* <··················@Xos.fr> writes:

> ·······@hotmail.com (Patrick Boulay) writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone know how can I had in emacs config the feature that when I put
> > my code between
> >
> > #if 0
> > ...c or c++ code...
> >
> > #endif
> >
> > the text will appear red like /* and */ comment...
> Gessing from the above line that what you want to do is _comment_ out
> some code, I believe that you should use the usual lisp comment
> character ;. So, if you have a line like this:
> (lisp code you want to comment out)
> you should add before it a ; like this:
> ; (lisp code you want to comment out)

Not guessing from the above line as I understand the poster wants to
have the code between #if 0 and #endif look like comments (as vim
does).

I don't know how to do it but something like comp.gnu.emacs might be a
better place to ask questions like this.

--
Janis Dzerins

  If million people say a stupid thing it's still a stupid thing.