From: Jennifer
Subject: Lisp error: SIGSEGV for stack growth failure
I had initially posted this in comp.lang.lisp.franz. Someone emailed
me and suggested I repost it here. So, here it goes:

We are upgrading from HPUX 10.20 32bit to HPUX 11 64bit. Due to this,
we are upgrading from ACL 5.0 32bit to ACL 6.0 64bit. I got all the C,
Pro*C and Lisp code to compile. But, I get a core dump whenever I run
the Lisp code (which calls the C & Pro*C).

Here's the error:
Pid 21716 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure.
Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space,
or stack size exceeded maxssiz.

I've been looking through the news groups looking for answers and
nothing is working for me. I tried adding "limit stacksize unlimited"
to the .cshrc, but that didn't help. My sys admin raised the maxssiz
several times, up until it got to 4G. It just waited longer to core
dump.

This worked fine on the old OS with no problems. So, I am assuming it
is an environment problem. At what else could I look?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!!

Jennifer
jblankenship under the osc.uscg.mil domain
From: Duane Rettig
Subject: Re: Lisp error: SIGSEGV for stack growth failure
············@osc.uscg.mil (Jennifer) writes:

> I had initially posted this in comp.lang.lisp.franz. Someone emailed
> me and suggested I repost it here. So, here it goes:

Franz Personnel tend not to respond to support issues on public forums
like comp.lang.lisp.franz and comp.lang.lisp.  What happened when you
sent your problem report to ····@franz.com?

--
Duane Rettig          Franz Inc.            http://www.franz.com/ (www)
1995 University Ave Suite 275  Berkeley, CA 94704