From: David Finton
Subject: Lisp for Mac OS-X ??
I'm looking for a lisp for Mac OS-X, preferably free.  I found
a commercial lisp called MCL, but when I went to Digitool's site,
I found that they still don't have a version for OS-X.  I tried
building gcl for OS-X beta a year ago, but had enough problems
with directories and libraries being in different places that
I gave up in frustration.

Help?

Thanks in advance!

David Finton

From: Gary Curtis
Subject: Re: Lisp for Mac OS-X ??
In article <·········@spool.cs.wisc.edu>, ······@nova50.cs.wisc.edu (David Finton) writes:
|> I'm looking for a lisp for Mac OS-X, preferably free.  I found
|> a commercial lisp called MCL, but when I went to Digitool's site,
|> I found that they still don't have a version for OS-X.  I tried
|> building gcl for OS-X beta a year ago, but had enough problems
|> with directories and libraries being in different places that
|> I gave up in frustration.
|>
|> Help?
|>
|> Thanks in advance!
|>
|> David Finton

CLISP is available for Mac OS X. Check out:

  ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/powerpc-apple-macos/

Gary.

"In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no
 longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."

						- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
From: Raffael Cavallaro
Digitool are in the process of porting MCL to MacOS X. They claim that the
port will be ready when MacOS X ships (which Apple has scheduled for mid
March, so about 6 weeks). Whether Digitool releases port on time remains to
be seen, but there should be a Carbonized (i.e., MacOS X) MCL out pretty
soon.

This is fairly important since MCL will *not* run in Classic (i.e.,
compatability mode).

Raf

··············@spool.cs.wisc.edu...