From: LUKE W. HERRON
Subject: Lisp in general and for Cad
Can anyone give me some start point for learning the Lisp language and an
explanation of the variations of it.  Sources, books, sites, etc......

Luke (····@usit.net)

Thank you

From: Fernando Rodr�guez
Subject: Re: Lisp in general and for Cad
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:16:42 -0600, "LUKE W. HERRON" <····@USIT.NET> wrote:

>Can anyone give me some start point for learning the Lisp language and an
>explanation of the variations of it.  Sources, books, sites, etc......

For lisp in general, "ANSI Common Lisp" from Paul Graham is _great_. If you're
planing to use some CAD specific lisp like Visual Lisp or 3DScheme I'm afraid
I can't help.

See the ALU (Association of Lisp users) page.

//	Fernando Rodriguez Romero
//
//	frr at mindless dot com
From: Jeff Sandys
"LUKE W. HERRON" wrote:

> Can anyone give me some start point for learning the Lisp
> language and an explanation of the variations of it.
> Sources, books, sites, etc......

We use ICAD for airplane design at Boeing.  ICAD is a solid
modeling system built on Allegro Common Lisp (Franz).  You
can find out more about ICAD from Knowledge Technology
International:
   http://www.ktiworld.com/home.shtml

Davis Cooper, an ICAD developer, wrote a Lisp tutorial available
from the Franz site:

http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/6.0/doc/basic-lisp-techniques.pdf

My favorite book on Lisp is Peter Norvig's:
   http://www.norvig.com/paip.html

The Association of Lisp Users is a great resource:
   http://www.alu.org/

AutoCad Lisp is covered by another newsgroup.

Spend the time to learn Lisp, you won't regret it.

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys