From: Senciales
Subject: How can execute a extern program 2
Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a aplication
like
PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.

 I'm using Harlequin LispWorks on Windows NT.

Waiting for your answers , have a good day!! :-)

 I'm using Harlequin LispWorks on Windows NT.

--
*

          *                *

*
----------------------------
Jos� Carlos Senciales Chaves
    ······@lcc.uma.es
----------------------------

From: Simon Katz
Subject: Re: How can execute a extern program 2
"Senciales" <······@lcc.uma.es> wrote in message
······················@lcc.uma.es...
> Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a aplication
> like
> PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.
>
>  I'm using Harlequin LispWorks on Windows NT.

On Windows 9x (I don't know whether things are the same on NT) you can
use something like:

(system:call-system-showing-output
              "D:\\foo.bat" ; executable file
              :show-cmd t
              :prefix ">> "
              :output-stream *standard-output*)

If SHOW-CMD is TRUE, the command's output is shown on OUTPUT-STREAM with
each line prefixed by PREFIX.
__
Simon Katz
From: Simon Katz
"Simon Katz" <·····@dircon.co.uk> wrote in message
························@news.dircon.co.uk...

> "Senciales" <······@lcc.uma.es> wrote in message
> ······················@lcc.uma.es...
> > Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a
> > aplication like
> > PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.
> >
> >  I'm using Harlequin LispWorks on Windows NT.
>

> On Windows 9x (I don't know whether things are the same on NT) you can
> use something like:
>
> (system:call-system-showing-output
>               "D:\\foo.bat" ; executable file
>               :show-cmd t
>               :prefix ">> "
>               :output-stream *standard-output*)
>
> If SHOW-CMD is TRUE, the command's output is shown on OUTPUT-STREAM
> with each line prefixed by PREFIX.
> __
> Simon Katz

Sorry -- I got the details of the keyword arguments wrong.

OUTPUT-STREAM specifies a stream to which the output is sent.
SHOW-CMD specifies whether the command itself (in the above case the
string "D:\\foo.bat") should be included in the output.
Each output line is prefixed by PREFIX.
__
Simon Katz