From: Senciales
Subject: How can execute a extern program?
Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a aplication
like
PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.

Waiting for your answers , have a good day!! :-)

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: How can execute a extern program?
In article <·················@lcc.uma.es>, Senciales
<······@lcc.uma.es> wrote:

> Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a aplication
> like
> PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.
>
> Waiting for your answers , have a good day!! :-)

First you need to tell us the Lisp system
and the operating system you are using.

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: Senciales
Rainer Joswig wrote:

> In article <·················@lcc.uma.es>, Senciales
> <······@lcc.uma.es> wrote:
>
> > Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a aplication
> > like
> > PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.
> >
> > Waiting for your answers , have a good day!! :-)
>
> First you need to tell us the Lisp system
> and the operating system you are using.
>
> --
> Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
> Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
> Web: http://corporate-world.lisp.de/

Thank you, I'm using Harlequin LispWorks on Windows NT.
From: Raymond Wiker
Senciales <······@lcc.uma.es> writes:

> Hi , i am a student and i would like to know how execute a aplication
> like
> PhotoShop or Netscape from my lisp code.
>
> Waiting for your answers , have a good day!! :-)

        The depends on which particular Lisp system you're
using... For SBCL, you could do something like

(sb-ext:run-program "/usr/local/bin/netscape"
		    '("-display" ":0" "http://www.theregister.co.uk")
		    :wait nil :input nil :output nil)

        CMUCL (from which SBCL is derived) is similar, except that the
"sb-ext" package is named "extensions" in CMUCL.

--
Raymond Wiker
From: Senciales