From: Constantin Orasan
Subject: Prolog-Java
Hi!

For almost 3 year now I haven't worked in Prolog and I don't the latest
programs in the field. I am interested in integrating Java with Prolog
and Lisp. Please could you suggest me few systems in which this is
possible (or which are implemented in Java)?

Thank you,
Constantin

P.S. I know that is likely to find this information in FAQs, but I
couldn't find them.

From: Martin Sondergaard
Subject: Re: Prolog-Java
"Constantin Orasan" <······@wlv.ac.uk> wrote in message
······················@wlv.ac.uk...
> Hi!
>
> For almost 3 year now I haven't worked in Prolog and I don't the latest
> programs in the field. I am interested in integrating Java with Prolog
> and Lisp. Please could you suggest me few systems in which this is
> possible (or which are implemented in Java)?
>
> Thank you,
> Constantin
>
> P.S. I know that is likely to find this information in FAQs, but I
> couldn't find them.

Amzi Prolog easily combines with other languages,
including Java.

I use Amzi Prolog in combination with Delphi.
It has a bi-directional interface,
i.e. I can call Prolog from Delphi and can also
call Delphi from Prolog.
Its probably just as good with Java as with Delphi.

I think that Amzi is at http://www.amzi.com

   ----------------

I don't know about combining Prolog or Java with Lisp though.

Does anyone know how to combine Prolog with Lisp?
( It seems unnecessary to me.  I think that both Prolog and Lisp
are complete in themselves, for most purposes. )

If you want to combine Java with Lisp,
perhaps you can ask about this on the Lisp newsgroup.
Oh, I see that you already have!  You crossposted.

--
Martin Sondergaard,
London.
From: Jim White
"Constantin Orasan" <······@wlv.ac.uk> wrote in message
······················@wlv.ac.uk...
> Hi!
>
> For almost 3 year now I haven't worked in Prolog and I don't the
latest
> programs in the field. I am interested in integrating Java with Prolog
> and Lisp. Please could you suggest me few systems in which this is
> possible (or which are implemented in Java)?

There are many Prolog, logic, functional, and LISP implementations for
Java listed here:

http://grunge.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tolk/vmlanguages.html#logic

For LISP, I strongly recommend Kawa, The Scheme for Java:

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/

jim
James P. White             Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange  -  Insanely great Java  -  http://www.ifcx.org
From: Jason Trenouth
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:22:22 +0000, Constantin Orasan <······@wlv.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> For almost 3 year now I haven't worked in Prolog and I don't the latest
> programs in the field. I am interested in integrating Java with Prolog
> and Lisp. Please could you suggest me few systems in which this is
> possible (or which are implemented in Java)?
>
> Thank you,
> Constantin
>
> P.S. I know that is likely to find this information in FAQs, but I
> couldn't find them.

You could program the Lisp and Prolog parts in LispWorks+KnowledgeWorks and
integrate those parts with Java using CORBA. See
http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/ or contact: ··········@xanalys.com

__Jason
From: Jan Wielemaker
In article <··································@4ax.com>, Jason Trenouth wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:22:22 +0000, Constantin Orasan <······@wlv.ac.uk>
>
>> For almost 3 year now I haven't worked in Prolog and I don't the latest
>> programs in the field. I am interested in integrating Java with Prolog
>> and Lisp. Please could you suggest me few systems in which this is
>> possible (or which are implemented in Java)?
>>
>You could program the Lisp and Prolog parts in LispWorks+KnowledgeWorks and
>integrate those parts with Java using CORBA. See
>http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/ or contact: ··········@xanalys.com

Alternatively there are various interfaces between Java and Prolog (and
most probably also for Lisp).  SWI-Prolog users have developed JPL, an
interface that allows Java calling Prolog and the other way around.  You
don't get an all-java executable, but you can use Prolog as a login-server
in a Java application or use Java from Prolog.  As far as I know the JPL
interface runs on Windows and Unix platforms.

	--- Jan
From: Antoine van Oevelen
Try Amzi prolog, it supports full Java integration and is equally
freeware...

·······················@gollem.swi.psy.uva.nl...

From: clive spenser
There's quite a lot of work going on in the area of Prolog/Java
integration (both within the Prolog vendors and the academic suppliers).

We at LPA support this mainly thru our Intelligence server toolkit at:

http://www.lpa.co.uk/int.htm

Clive