From: Sayan Bhattacharyya
Subject: What is the AMOP book?
In this newsgroup, I have occasionally come across
references to something called the "AMOP book", which
appears to be highly recommended.

Which book is this?

From: Dorai Sitaram
Subject: Re: What is the AMOP book?
In article <···············@srvr1.engin.umich.edu>,
Sayan Bhattacharyya <········@engin.umich.edu> wrote:
>In this newsgroup, I have occasionally come across
>references to something called the "AMOP book", which
>appears to be highly recommended.
>
>Which book is this?

@book(amop,
author = "Gregor Kiczales and Jim des Rivieres and Daniel G. Bobrow",
title = "The Art of the Metaobject Protocol",
publisher = "MIT Press",
year = 1991
)
From: Jukka Kakko
Sayan Bhattacharyya wrote:

> In this newsgroup, I have occasionally come across
> references to something called the "AMOP book", which
> appears to be highly recommended.
>
> Which book is this?

Hi!
I think they mean this:

The Art of the Metaobject Protocol by Gregor Kiczales & Jim des Rivieres
& D Bobrow

I am not sure of the ISBN because found two matches:

ISBN: 0-262-11158-6       Publisher: MIT Press       Pages: 335pp
or
ISBN: 0262610744 published July 1991 by M I T Press; binding: paper text

(They are probably the same thing)

Regards,
Jukka Kakko
From: Christopher J. Vogt
Sayan Bhattacharyya wrote:

> In this newsgroup, I have occasionally come across
> references to something called the "AMOP book", which
> appears to be highly recommended.
>
> Which book is this?

"The Art of the Metaobject Protocol" by Kiczales et. al. ISBN: 0-262-61074-4
if this isn't in the FAQ it maybe should be
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:41:43 GMT, ········@engin.umich.edu (Sayan
Bhattacharyya) wrote:

> In this newsgroup, I have occasionally come across
> references to something called the "AMOP book", which
> appears to be highly recommended.

Others in this thread have provided information on the book. If you are
interested in reading something about the ideas discussed in the book, you
may check:

Open Implementations and Metaobject Protocols
http://www.parc.xerox.com/spl/groups/eca/pubs/papers/Kiczales-TUT95/for-web.pdf

Both this document and AMOP are fascinating readings.

Paolo