From: Jonathan BAILLEUL
Subject: Who can sell me this book? (OOP in Common Lisp, Sonya E. Keene)
Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp : A Programmers Guide to the
Common Lisp Object System
by Sonya E. Keene
(January 1989) Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201175894 ;

Sorry, this is almost out-of-topic...

Since it is out of print, I'd like to buy this book (even used, of
course) from someone who does not actually need it anymore. I am ready
to pay more than the original price if that can motivate someone.

Thanks for your answers.

--
----------------------------
Bailleul Jonathan

From: Sashank
>Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp : A Programmers Guide to the
>Common Lisp Object System
>by Sonya E. Keene
>(January 1989) Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201175894 ;
[snip]
>Since it is out of print, I'd like to buy this book (even used, of
>course) from someone who does not actually need it anymore. I am ready
>to pay more than the original price if that can motivate someone.

go to http://www.bestbookbuys.com/.  search for the book.  you'll
see a number of companies selling used and new copies right now.
the list price of the book is $38, but you can find it for less
than that at some of these sellers (including shipping).

sashank
From: Jonathan BAILLEUL
Sashank a �crit :

> >Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp : A Programmers Guide to the
> >Common Lisp Object System
> >by Sonya E. Keene
> >(January 1989) Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201175894 ;
> [snip]
> >Since it is out of print, I'd like to buy this book (even used, of
> >course) from someone who does not actually need it anymore. I am ready
> >to pay more than the original price if that can motivate someone.
>
> go to http://www.bestbookbuys.com/.  search for the book.  you'll
> see a number of companies selling used and new copies right now.
> the list price of the book is $38, but you can find it for less
> than that at some of these sellers (including shipping).
>
> sashank

I managed to find a wide variety of used books at this site. I will
probably order very soon.

All of my "contacts" told me that this book was out of stock (amazon,
the providers of all my local bookshops), and I have no answer from the
publisher for the moment...

Thanks a lot everyone!

--
----------------------------
From: Martti Halminen
Jonathan BAILLEUL wrote:

> Since it is out of print, I'd like to buy this book (even used, of
> course) from someone who does not actually need it anymore. I am ready
> to pay more than the original price if that can motivate someone.

Are you sure it is not available? I managed to buy my copy from Amazon
about half a year ago. (Sorry, I'm not selling it...)

From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
Hi,

* "Jonathan" == Jonathan BAILLEUL <········@labri.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

Jonathan>  Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp : A Programmers
Jonathan>  Guide to the Common Lisp Object System by Sonya E. Keene
Jonathan>  (January 1989) Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201175894 ;

Jonathan>  Since it is out of print, I'd like to buy this book (even
Jonathan>  used, of course) from someone who does not actually need it
Jonathan>  anymore.

Right now there are three entries of this title at www.abebooks.com,
ranging in price from $21 to $30.

--
  Eugene
From: Rahul Jain
In article <·················@labri.u-bordeaux.fr> on
<·················@labri.u-bordeaux.fr>, "Jonathan BAILLEUL"
<········@labri.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:

> Object Oriented Programming in Common Lisp : A Programmers Guide to the
> Common Lisp Object System by Sonya E. Keene
> (January 1989) Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201175894 ;

I just ordered the same book a couple days ago from Barnes and Nobles:
http://www.bn.com
It says that there is a 1-2 week wait, since the book must be specially
ordered from their supplier.

--
-> -/-                       - Rahul Jain -                       -\- <-
-> -\- http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul -=- ·················@usa.net -/- <-