From: Howard Stearns
Subject: Curl integrated content language beta available
Curl Corporation is seeking members of the Lisp and Scheme communities
to try our Surge(tm) product, now in beta release.

The Curl engine processes scripts, applications, modules, etc., by
using a just-in-time (JIT) compiler to process source code or
pre-parsed high level code into native machine instructions.  Surge is
a free implementation of the engine as a browser plugin (MS Internet
Explorer and Netscape Communicator).  The engine supports versioned
modules distributed over the world-wide-web (www).

The Curl Content Language is not Lisp, but will be familiar
to Lisp programmers.  Curl is a multi-paradigm content integration
language. The object-oriented (OOPL) aspects of Curl are similar to
Java, with the major additions of parameterized classes and closures.
However, the design of Curl also supports integrated text formatting
and 2D/3D/VR graphics (as in HTML, Flash and beyond).  Text, graphics,
GUI and application code can be freely intermixed.

Surge Lab(tm) is an IDE for Curl development, now in beta release. See
http://www.curl.com for more information about Curl and the Surge Lab
beta program.  The download includes a lot of sample code, and
registering gives you access to the developers' network site and
discussion groups.

If you are interested in working here, you can also contact me to get
a Lisper's perspective.

Sincerely,
Howard R. Stearns               http://www.curl.com
······@curl.com (but register and use the developers' network
                 discussion groups for general questions)