From: Hector Munoz
Subject: Lisp Sample Applications
Jochen,

I am sincerely want to say thank you for the information. I am currently
coding a small program for a computer for playing chess as per Claude E.
Shannon in Lisp. Unfortunately, I do not speak German but I would welcome
for any translations. In general, I need to write the following algorithms:
make move, move generator, evaluation function, print the board, and so on.

I will take a look at "Paradigms of Artificial  Inteligence Programming - A
classical Approach" by Peter Norvig. I will also welcome any recommendations
for the chess programming project that I am trying to code in Lisp.

Thank you for your time.
Hector

From: Steven M. Haflich
Hector Munoz wrote:

> I am sincerely want to say thank you for the information. I am currently
> coding a small program for a computer for playing chess as per Claude E.
> Shannon in Lisp. Unfortunately, I do not speak German but I would welcome
> for any translations. In general, I need to write the following algorithms:
> make move, move generator, evaluation function, print the board, and so on.

With sadness I report that Claude Shannon, the father of information theory,
died this past weekend.  He was well into his 80's.

Think of him the next time you use bits or other information.
From: Sashank Varma
In article <·················@pacbell.net>, ···@alum.mit.edu wrote:

>With sadness I report that Claude Shannon, the father of information theory,
>died this past weekend.  He was well into his 80's.
>
>Think of him the next time you use bits or other information.

announcement and bio at: http://www.bell-labs.com/news/2001/february/26/1.html

sashank