From: Colette Hughes
Subject: Lisp Program!
Hi, All.

Anybody is experienced in Lisp programming? I am a newcomer here in
Lisp, and have a question in Lisp programming.

*to compute the < the transitive closure of R>
< the reflective closure of R>
< the reflective-transitive closure of R>
< the 'canonical form" of an element of T with respect to R>

The R is relation R=T *T given by a list of pairs
e.g.R=((a,b)(a,c)(d,e)(c,e))
T is a set of symbols. Make sure the program is guatanteed to terminate.

I tried to write some but all failed. Please do me a favor.

Give me hints.

Colette

From: Martti Halminen
Subject: Re: Lisp Program!
Colette Hughes wrote:

> Hi, All.
>
> Anybody is experienced in Lisp programming? I am a newcomer here in
> Lisp, and have a question in Lisp programming.
>
> *to compute the < the transitive closure of R>
> < the reflective closure of R>
> < the reflective-transitive closure of R>
> < the 'canonical form" of an element of T with respect to R>
>
> The R is relation R=T *T given by a list of pairs
> e.g.R=((a,b)(a,c)(d,e)(c,e))
> T is a set of symbols. Make sure the program is guatanteed to terminate.
>
> I tried to write some but all failed. Please do me a favor.
>
> Give me hints.

Assuming you don't expect us to do all your homework, the usually
accepted way to do this would be for you to post something of what you
have done so far, so that people can see what kind of misconceptions or
errors you are working with.
 At this level of detail the only hint I can give is to get a good book
or other tutorial material, see for example www.alu.org for ideas.

P.S. Unless you are working with Common Lisp, you might mention what
exact language you are using: once some AutoLisp question got answered
in Emacs Lisp ...

From: Coby Beck
"Colette Hughes" <········@yahoo.com> wrote in message
······················@yahoo.com...
> *to compute the < the transitive closure of R>
> < the reflective closure of R>
> < the reflective-transitive closure of R>
> < the 'canonical form" of an element of T with respect to R>
>
> The R is relation R=T *T given by a list of pairs
> e.g.R=((a,b)(a,c)(d,e)(c,e))
> T is a set of symbols. Make sure the program is guatanteed to terminate.
>
> I tried to write some but all failed.

give us some hints.  what did you write?  what happened?

Coby