From: Zimmermann Markus
Subject: I need help
Hello to all

My name is Markus and I want to learn the Lisp Programming Language. So
can anybody help me?
I have to know where I can download a Lisp Compiler for free and what I
have to do to write a program in Lisp. I mean where I can write a program
in Lisp. Please don't laugh but I'm really a absolutly newcomer.

thanx

Markus
From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: I need help
"Zimmermann Markus" <········@aon.at> writes:

> Hello to all

Welcome.

> My name is Markus and I want to learn the Lisp Programming Language. So
> can anybody help me?

Probably, but you need to get a book or some other reference to get yourself
started.  If you run into questions, you can raise them here.  If you're
taking a class, be sure to say so when you ask your questions; if you're
learning on your own, identify that, too.  (People don't like doing others'
homework, but they don't mind helping out with legit questions.)

There's help with textbooks at http://www.alu.org/
which is the Association of Lisp Users web page.  A valuable resource.

> I have to know where I can download a Lisp Compiler for free and what I
> have to do to write a program in Lisp.

Again, see the ALU web page.

> I mean where I can write a program
> in Lisp. Please don't laugh but I'm really a absolutly newcomer.

No one's laughing.  We're happy to see newcomers taking a stab at things.