From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: ACL FF question. C enums.
Hi

I am trying to interface a C library we wrote with ACL.  Unfortuantely
in our code we make use of `enum xxx { uno = 1, due = 2, tre = 3 }',
which I do not quite know how to represent, especially when we have
functions like

	int foo(xxx x) {...}

What is the best way to represent enum's in ACL?  Just writing a
def-enum is simple enough, but maybe there are better ways.

Any idea?

Thanks

PS. Please respond in private, I will post a summary.

NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group	tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
New York, NY 10003, USA			http://bioinformatics.cat.nyu.edu
             Like DNA, such a language [Lisp] does not go out of style.
			      Paul Graham, ANSI Common Lisp
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: ACL FF question. C enums.
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to interface a C library we wrote with ACL.  Unfortuantely
> in our code we make use of `enum xxx { uno = 1, due = 2, tre = 3 }',
> which I do not quite know how to represent, especially when we have
> functions like
>
> 	int foo(xxx x) {...}
>
> What is the best way to represent enum's in ACL?  Just writing a
> def-enum is simple enough, but maybe there are better ways.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS. Please respond in private, I will post a summary.

I have not got any replies on this.  So I will remove the above
clause.

Really:  I know that enums are basically int's.  However, I do have
this problem in ACL.

Is it just a bad case of RTFM?

Cheers