From: Eric Winger
Subject: Pre-Beginner question
I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I can
get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

I scanned this list's recent postings, but didn't see any references.
Also, I checked the web, but was not sure what trial version or versions
I should start with.....Admittedly, my searching was pretty weak.

fyi - I've got a couple years as a VW Smalltalker under my belt, so if
there's an free or shareware that might better fit with that experience,
I'd appreciate the link..

thx for any help...

Eric

--
This guy has got to get a better signature

From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Re: Pre-Beginner question
Eric Winger <·······@keyww.com> writes:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I can
> get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

Go to the ALU web page, which you will find a valuable resource for this
and other purposes.

  http://www.alu.org/
From: David Bakhash

www.lisp.org
From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
* "Eric" == Eric Winger <·······@keyww.com> writes:

Eric>  I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure
Eric>  where I can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac
Eric>  OS.

Digitool (www.digitool.com) has a free demo of MCL - a Common Lisp
for MacOS.
For NT versions, have a look at www.xanalys.com, www.franz.com,
www.corman.net, and clisp.cons.org (the last one is GPLed).

--
  Eugene
From: Chris Double
Eric Winger <·······@keyww.com> writes:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I
> can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

Windows NT: http://www.corman.net/CormanLisp.html

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/cl
From: Thomas A. Russ
Eric Winger <·······@keyww.com> writes:

> I've got an inkling to take a look at Lisp, but am not sure where I
> can get a free download for either Windows NT or Mac OS.

Mac OS:

  http://www.digitool.com/

From: Friedrich Dominicus
Eric Winger <·······@keyww.com> writes:

> fyi - I've got a couple years as a VW Smalltalker under my belt, so if
> there's an free or shareware that might better fit with that experience,
> I'd appreciate the link..

I'm using LispWorks from xanalys and am quite happy with it. It runs
under more OSes than one might think and it runs nicely on Linux,
that is what I'm using.

Regards
Friedrich