From: Simon Blomberg
Subject: New XLisp-Stat book - call for contributors
Greetings,

It has been over 10 years since Luke Tierney published "Lisp-Stat. An
object-oriented environment for statistical computing and dynamic
graphics". Since then, XLisp-Stat has become widely used in many
disciplines for statistical computation. I am seeking expressions of
interest for contributors to a new book that will be focussed on case
studies and applications of XLS. The proposed book  will be aimed at
new users of XLS who are familiar with the basics of Lisp and will
contain many code samples in order to demonstrate concepts in
statistical computing with XLS. The new book will not be a replacement
for Luke's book, but will be intended to be read alongside it.

If you have worked with XLS a lot and think you can author a chapter
for this new project, I encourage you to send me a chapter title and
your curriculum vitae. Chapters can be on any topic you like, provided
the features of XLS are showcased. Chapters will be peer-reviewed. I am
trying to encourage contributions from diverse disciplines that use
XLS. I am compiling a list of potential contributors in order to take a
proposal to a book publisher (I will be editing the volume). If you
have any questions about this project, please do not hesitate to email
me.

Yours Sincerely,

Simon Blomberg.

--