From: larry
Subject: Lisp Gemstone-like
Hi everybody,

I wonder if there is something like Gemstone/S in the Lisp world.

From: ··········@my-deja.com
Subject: Re: Lisp Gemstone-like
In article <·······················@news1.alsv1.occa.home.com>, larry
<··········@hotmail.com> writes:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I wonder if there is something like Gemstone/S in the Lisp world.

What is Gemstone/S ?

   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email ·····@newsone.net
From: larry
Gemstone/S is a Smalltalk OODBMS (called an application server by Gemstone)
.
Find details at: http://www.gemstone.com/products/s/index.html

·················@news.netmar.com...

From: Larry Hunter
  I wonder if there is something like Gemstone/S in the Lisp world.
  Gemstone/S is a Smalltalk OODBMS (called an application server by
  Gemstone)

For free, try PLOB http://www.lisp.de/software/plob/Welcome.html
For pay, Franz's AllegroStore product.

Larry

--

Lawrence Hunter, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Computational Pharmacology

phone  (303) 315-1094           UCHSC, Campus Box C236
fax    (303) 315-1098           School of Medicine rm 2817b
cell   (303) 324-0355           4200 E. 9th Ave.
email: ············@uchsc.edu   Denver, CO 80262
From: Fernando Rodr�guez
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:56:03 GMT, "larry" <··········@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I wonder if there is something like Gemstone/S in the Lisp world.

Plob (free)
Itasca from Ibex.ch (though I'm not sure if they're still selling it... )
AllegroStore from Franz (CLOS wrapping around ODI's product)

//	Fernando Rodriguez Romero
//
//	frr at mindless dot com
From: Martti Halminen
"Fernando Rodr�guez" wrote:

> >I wonder if there is something like Gemstone/S in the Lisp world.
>
> Plob (free)
> Itasca from Ibex.ch (though I'm not sure if they're still selling it... )
Doesn't show on their web page any more. They are still using it as the
database of their current product, which seems to be some kind of
project portfolio management system, whatever that means...

From: Jean-Louis Leroy
"larry" <··········@hotmail.com> writes:

> I wonder if there is something like Gemstone/S in the Lisp world.

I have a Lisp version of Tangram
(http://www.soundobjectlogic.com/tangram) that is half finished. I'm
looking for ways of convincing ourselves (me + partners) that
finishing it makes some economical sense...
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
http://users.skynet.be/jll