From: Senciales
Subject: Win32::Shell-execute
Well,finally i have found the command that execute a aplication in the
Dos-shell on Windows NT,
using LispWorks Harlequin, but i�ve a problem, i�ve search in all
printable and html documentation for this
function and i find nothing.. I don�t Know its argumentes.

the only i know is that things like this, go Ok:

      (win32::shell-execute "netscape")

can someone help me?,where can i search for it?
waiting your answers have a good day!! :-)
From: Clive Tong
Subject: Re: Win32::Shell-execute
Senciales <······@lcc.uma.es> writes:

> the only i know is that things like this, go Ok:
>
>       (win32::shell-execute "netscape")

This call is in error - the lambda list of win32::shell-execute is

(WIN32::WND WIN32::LP-OPERATION WIN32::LP-FILE WIN32::LP-PARAMETERS
  WIN32::LP-DIRECTORY WIN32::N-SHOW-CMD)

and it is a link into the win32 function ShellExecute (There was no
error checking to tell you that you'd submitted bad arguments).

> can someone help me?,where can i search for it?
> waiting your answers have a good day!! :-)

You may want to use open-pipe or sys:call-system-showing-output

(let ((st (sys:open-pipe "dir")))
	(loop for line = (read-line st nil nil)
	      while line
              do (print line)))