From: Andrew K. Wolven
Subject: bioinformatics
you guys couldn't tell a transmitter from your ass

From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: bioinformatics
"Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:

> you guys couldn't tell a transmitter from your ass

Why?  Are they different?  I don't know.  Just asking.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti =============================================================
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		 tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
From: Andrew K. Wolven
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> "Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:
>
> > you guys couldn't tell a transmitter from your ass
>
> Why?  Are they different?  I don't know.  Just asking.
>
> Cheers

An ass is a type of transmitter.  However, you shouldn't cast an ass in your
program as the main transmitter.  A properly engineered machine will signal a
trap.

From: Marco Antoniotti
"Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>
> > "Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:
> >
> > > you guys couldn't tell a transmitter from your ass
> >
> > Why?  Are they different?  I don't know.  Just asking.
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> An ass is a type of transmitter.  However, you shouldn't cast an ass in your
> program as the main transmitter.  A properly engineered machine will signal a
> trap.

As in "never talk with an ass: people listening may not be able to
tell the difference"?

Having made an ass of myself, I conclude here.

Cheers

From: Andrew K. Wolven
Transmissions through your ass are potentially dangerous.
The Don't ask don't tell policy is not working properly.
Lets drop that and institute the Don't be gay policy.
If that doesn't work, I may make your ass the receptor site for my foot, Mr.
Naggum.

All of you listen:
People who have less knowledge then you are my prospective customers.  Stop
chasing them away.  We are not going to bifurcate this newsgroup because of the
barking of a great dane.

From: Joe Marshall
"Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:

> you guys couldn't tell a transmitter from your ass

(typep my-ass 'transmitter) => nil

> Transmissions through your ass are potentially dangerous.
> The Don't ask don't tell policy is not working properly.
> Lets drop that and institute the Don't be gay policy.

Transmissions must pass through an opening.
Let's have a `Don't be an asshole.' policy.

> If that doesn't work, I may make your ass the receptor site for my
> foot, Mr.  Naggum.

I think you would have to remove said foot from your mouth, first.

> All of you listen:

Ok.

> People who have less knowledge then you are my prospective customers.  Stop
> chasing them away.  We are not going to bifurcate this newsgroup because of the
> barking of a great dane.

Technical content:  NIL
Unprovoked ad-hominem attacks: T
Groups insulted:  '(:gay :denmark :comp.lang.lisp)

Exactly what sort of prospective customers do you imagine you might have?

From: Andrew K. Wolven
Joe Marshall wrote:

> "Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:
>
> > you guys couldn't tell a transmitter from your ass
>
> (typep my-ass 'transmitter) => nil
>
> > Transmissions through your ass are potentially dangerous.
> > The Don't ask don't tell policy is not working properly.
> > Lets drop that and institute the Don't be gay policy.
>
> Transmissions must pass through an opening.
> Let's have a `Don't be an asshole.' policy.

Agreed.

From: Marc Spitzer
In article <·················@redfernlane.org>, Andrew K. Wolven wrote:
>Transmissions through your ass are potentially dangerous.
>The Don't ask don't tell policy is not working properly.
>Lets drop that and institute the Don't be gay policy.
>If that doesn't work, I may make your ass the receptor site for my foot, Mr.
>Naggum.

that was uncalled for, ok it was fucking rude with out any reason for
being rude.  Erik has not had any part of this discussion, so why pick
a fight?

>All of you listen:
>People who have less knowledge then you are my prospective customers.  Stop
>chasing them away.  We are not going to bifurcate this newsgroup because of the
>barking of a great dane.

are you stating that the only people who give you work are ignorant
people who don't know any better?  If this is true you realy should
not advertise it, they might be lurking.

marc

From: Andrew K. Wolven
Marc Spitzer wrote:

> In article <·················@redfernlane.org>, Andrew K. Wolven wrote:
> >Transmissions through your ass are potentially dangerous.
> >The Don't ask don't tell policy is not working properly.
> >Lets drop that and institute the Don't be gay policy.
> >If that doesn't work, I may make your ass the receptor site for my foot, Mr.
> >Naggum.
>
> that was uncalled for, ok it was fucking rude with out any reason for
> being rude.  Erik has not had any part of this discussion, so why pick
> a fight?

This is very called, for you pathetic supporter of Erik Naggum.

This newsgoup is not about lisp it is ALL about Erik Naggum.

Somewhere around the time that Erik Naggum was recommending to lisp hackers that they
should commit suicide...
I don't remember whether it was before or after, a gifted programmer affiliated with
symbolics took his life.

You wanna talk about insult?!?

> >All of you listen:
> >People who have less knowledge then you are my prospective customers.  Stop
> >chasing them away.  We are not going to bifurcate this newsgroup because of the
> >barking of a great dane.
>
> are you stating that the only people who give you work are ignorant
> people who don't know any better?  If this is true you realy should

you should study McDonalds corporation

My customers are currently nine years old.  (and numerous)

It is the job of the consumer to make the product shit.  Not Naggum.

From: Joe Marshall
"Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:

> This is very called, for you pathetic supporter of Erik Naggum.
>
> This newsgoup is not about lisp it is ALL about Erik Naggum.

Get a life!  The lisp content of your posts so far is exactly NIL.

> Somewhere around the time that Erik Naggum was recommending to lisp hackers that they
> should commit suicide...

Perhaps I have a poor memory, but I do not recall Erik *ever*
suggesting that lisp hackers commit suicide.

> I don't remember whether it was before or after, a gifted programmer affiliated with
> symbolics took his life.

Er, so?  If it was before, it certainly wasn't causal, if after, you
certainly couldn't blame anyone for being insensitive.

If you knew the slightest thing about suicide or lisp, you would
understand that they have nothing to do with each other.

> you should study McDonalds corporation

You should see a psychiatrist.

> My customers are currently nine years old.  (and numerous)

This is obviously not a scientific poll, but I would invite the
numerous nine-year-old readers of comp.lang.lisp to respond.  Maybe
they have all been driven away.

> It is the job of the consumer to make the product shit.

Shall we let the consumer do it then?  There is more shit in these
posts than in many I have seen in a long time.

From: Andrew K. Wolven
Joe Marshall wrote:

> "Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:
>
> > This is very called, for you pathetic supporter of Erik Naggum.
> >
> > This newsgoup is not about lisp it is ALL about Erik Naggum.
>
> Get a life!  The lisp content of your posts so far is exactly NIL.
>
> > Somewhere around the time that Erik Naggum was recommending to lisp hackers that they
> > should commit suicide...
>
> Perhaps I have a poor memory, but I do not recall Erik *ever*
> suggesting that lisp hackers commit suicide.

> > I don't remember whether it was before or after, a gifted programmer affiliated with
> > symbolics took his life.
>
> Er, so?  If it was before, it certainly wasn't causal, if after, you
> certainly couldn't blame anyone for being insensitive.

I do not blame anyone for this man's death.  Humans are born and humans die.

> If you knew the slightest thing about suicide or lisp, you would
> understand that they have nothing to do with each other.
>
> > you should study McDonalds corporation
>
> You should see a psychiatrist.

You cannot see the forest for the trees nor the tree for the seed.
My shrink (like most) is a Drug Dealer.  (Dr. Glass)
Bioinformatics is the mother of all drug dealing operations.
They would be happy to sell you the cure for depression if they could just figure out how
to get it in a pill.
Buddha told me that life is suffering.  That makes my cure very lucrative.
This concludes my first lesson in bioinformatics.  Incyting isn't it?

From: Tim Bradshaw
"Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> writes:

> You cannot see the forest for the trees nor the tree for the seed.
> My shrink (like most) is a Drug Dealer.  (Dr. Glass)
> Bioinformatics is the mother of all drug dealing operations.
> They would be happy to sell you the cure for depression if they could just figure out how
> to get it in a pill.
> Buddha told me that life is suffering.  That makes my cure very lucrative.
> This concludes my first lesson in bioinformatics.  Incyting isn't it?

I think this is being produced by a machine.

--tim
From: ······@corporate-world.lisp.de
In article <················@naggum.net>,
  Erik Naggum <····@naggum.net> wrote:

[...]

>   just refrain from talking about me.  It's really that simple, _Rainer_,
>   and that's why _you_ have to stop _your_ attacks, regardless of what you
>   believe that would cost you.

And you constantly continue to post your shit? Use your
brain Erik, apologize for your slanders, calm down, move on, ...
Stop making a fool out of yourself - you are the only
one on c.l.l with an operating instruction for the
communication with him in his signature. ;-)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/
From: Raffael Cavallaro
"Erik Naggum" <····@naggum.net> wrote in message
·····················@naggum.net...
>   Oh, this is rich.  Send me personal mail in the guise of a private
>   conversation, then post it.

Sorry - I wasn't using my own computer, and the mail reader I was using
automatically sends newsgroup replies by email as well. I assumed I was just
getting an email cc of your newsgroup posting - I don't read c.l.l daily,
soore often than not, I'm only aware that someone has replied to a posting
of mine from the email cc of their reply. I thought your email was one of
these.

Apparently inadvertently sending email indicates that "there is no bottom to
which [one] can sink." It's gems like this that suggest that your normal
tone of discourse is more than a little agressive, Erik.
From: Rainer Joswig
wrote:

> * "Raffael Cavallaro" <·······@pop.ne.mediaone.net>
> > Apparently inadvertently sending email indicates that "there is no bottom
> > to which [one] can sink."
>
>   Oh, christ.  Not telling people that you intend a private conversion to
>   be published is the indicator.
>
> > It's gems like this that suggest that your normal tone of discourse is
> > more than a little agressive, Erik.
>
>   Fuck you, Raffael Cavallaro.  There.  Happy, now?
>
>   Now that Rainer Joswig has finally shut up,

But you go on with your shit. As I thought.

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: Rainer Joswig
wrote:

> * Rainer Joswig
> > But you go on with your shit. As I thought.
>
>   Excuse me?  It's _my_ fault Raffael Cavallaro posts mailed conversation?
>
>   And "your shit"?  Look who's going on!  "As I thought" is _so_ amusing.

You keep mentioning me over and over. Just shut up.

>   Now, let's watch Rainer and Raffael gang up on me and fight _together_ to
>   blame me for all of _their_ actions.  This is _so_ incredibly pathetic.
>
>   What do these guys _want_?  What keeps them _going_?  *SIGH*

Sure, blame others. As always. Go on, Erik "the Terrier" Naggum,
biting into the calfs of people. Half of c.l.l is already
limping.

From: Andrew K. Wolven
Subject: New Elections!  was: Re: bioinformatics
Erik for Prime Minister of Israel!

From: Raffael Cavallaro
"Erik Naggum" <····@naggum.net> wrote in message
·····················@naggum.net...
> * "Raffael Cavallaro" <·······@pop.ne.mediaone.net>
> > Apparently inadvertently sending email indicates that "there is no
bottom
> > to which [one] can sink."
>
>   Oh, christ.  Not telling people that you intend a private conversion to
>   be published is the indicator.

Let's try again: I didn't know that your message to me was a "private
conversation." I thought you were responding to a newsgroup post. Sorry I
sent you an email by accident. Somehow I don't think that your response is
proportional to the offense (i.e., accidentally cc-ing your email account
when posting to c.l.l).

> > It's gems like this that suggest that your normal tone of discourse is
> > more than a little agressive, Erik.
>
>   Fuck you, Raffael Cavallaro.  There.  Happy, now?

Well, you haven't asked me to commit suidide yet, so I guess that's
something to be happy about :^)

>   Now that Rainer Joswig has finally shut up, how come you just _had_ to
>   post yet more inflammatory crap?  Perhaps this indicates _why_ I'm "more
>   than a little aggressive" towards you insufferable morons?

Actually it just indicates that many people in c.l.l are tired of seing this
newsgroup become your megaphone for abusively beating up on whoever dares to
hold a different opinion than you.

>   If you are concerned about netiquette, you are either concerned about
>   your own and _follow_ good netiquette, or you are concerned about others
>   and _violate_ good netiquette by bothering people with your "concern",
as
>   the only person whose netiquette you can affect is precisely _yourself_.

As Rainer wrote, your sig says it all - uniquely on c.l.l your posts come
with a disclaimer warning others that you will act as ill mannered as you
wish, so they shouldn't bother commenting on your abusiveness.
From: ········@hex.net
Erik Naggum <····@naggum.net> writes:
>What do you guys want?  What keeps you going?  What will quiet you
>down?

It only takes _one_ of you to decide to not respond to the others in
order for the thread to die.

I would point to Kent Pitman's _one_ comment; he made a pretty cogent
comment, apologized for having made _any_ comment, and then indicated
he'd not post again on the newsgroup until next week.

If any one of you deigned to take such a mature approach, these
poisonous threads would be cut short very quickly.
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@ntlug.org")
http://vip.hyperusa.com/~cbbrowne/sgml.html
From: Raffael Cavallaro
<········@hex.net> wrote in message
······························@news1.giganews.com...
> It only takes _one_ of you to decide to not respond to the others in
> order for the thread to die.

Sounds good to me.

Raf
From: ········@hex.net
"Raffael Cavallaro" <·······@pop.ne.mediaone.net> writes:
> <········@hex.net> wrote in message
> ······························@news1.giganews.com...
> > It only takes _one_ of you to decide to not respond to the others in
> > order for the thread to die.
>
> Sounds good to me.

Hopefully that means there shouldn't be any more of your postings on
this thread after February 8, 2001, 5:28:44 GMT.

Which would be a good thing.  And it would be similarly good if other
participants in the "dung flinging war" made similar choices.

And always remember that _nobody_ gets off clean in in a "dung fight."

--
(concatenate 'string "aa454" ·@freenet.carleton.ca")
http://vip.hex.net/~cbbrowne/finances.html
From: Raffael Cavallaro
"Erik Naggum" <····@naggum.net> wrote in message
·····················@naggum.net...
>   Do you think it
>   is because of your "different opinion" that you get a harsh treatment?
>   Try "behaving like an asshole" on for size.

Seems to have escaped your brilliantly insightful notice that it only *your
opinion* that I am "behaving like an asshole." In my opinion, we are just
pointing out your unreasonable abusiveness.

See, we have *different opinions.* But somehow, yours is always stated as if
it were *fact,* so you act as if any disagreement,  or differing
interpretation deserves your abuse.

Others are not so solipsistic as to believe that their opinions are binding
on others, and don't go off the deep end and abuse others when they don't
share their views.

Raf
From: Coby Beck
"Erik Naggum" <····@naggum.net> wrote in message
·····················@naggum.net...
> * Andrew K. Wolven
> > This newsgoup is not about lisp it is ALL about Erik Naggum.
>
>   Well, sad as it may be, this is actually true for a few people, but
those
>   people make a conscious choice about it and their need to talk about me
>   all the time.  You choose whether you are in that group or not depending
>   on what you _want_ to be true and what you _want_ to care about.

It is truly ridiculous for anyone to respond seriously to an obviously
crackpot poster.  He will not go away as long as there are people stroking
his ego by taking him seriously.

Coby
From: Coby Beck
"Erik Naggum" <····@naggum.net> wrote in message
·····················@naggum.net...
> * Andrew K. Wolven
> > This newsgoup is not about lisp it is ALL about Erik Naggum.
>
>   Well, sad as it may be, this is actually true for a few people, but
those
>   people make a conscious choice about it and their need to talk about me
>   all the time.  You choose whether you are in that group or not depending
>   on what you _want_ to be true and what you _want_ to care about.
>

>   This newsgroup is not _actually_ a forum for personal vendettas,

kind of like this post?

>  however, despite the recent barrage of just such postings from Rainer
Joswig.  I'm
>   really sorry that you get the impression that anyone supports his abuse
>   of this newsgroup for his personal vendetta and that they would support
>   yours, as well.  Trust me, _very_ people few do.
>
>   But this is actually quite instructive.  Rainer Joswig should realize by
>   now that by continuing his attacks and constant posting about me, he has
>   created the impression in at least one marginally unstable person that
>   this forum is all about me.  If Rainer Joswig quits his unfair attacks,
>   fewer other people will get the impression that this is acceptable.

If you are really concerned about the content of the postings in this
newsgroups you should concern yourself with your own postings.  It would be
a much more effective lesson by example.  Isn't that what your new signature
proclaims?

Coby

From: ·············@my-deja.com
In article <·················@redfernlane.org>,
  "Andrew K. Wolven" <·······@redfernlane.org> wrote:

> If that doesn't work, I may make your ass the receptor site for my
foot, Mr.
> Naggum.

What's the relationship between erik's ass and
bioinformatics? Please enlighten me.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/