From: Thaddeus L Olczyk
Subject: CMUCL on Windows
Are there any plans to port CMUCL to Windows?

From: Janos Blazi
Subject: Re: CMUCL on Windows
"Thaddeus L Olczyk" <······@interaccess.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
························@nntp.interaccess.com...
> Are there any plans to port CMUCL to Windows?

You can read on the CMUCL home page that "it is being investigated".
J.B.

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----
From: Thaddeus L Olczyk
On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 09:03:17 +0100, "Janos Blazi" <······@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Thaddeus L Olczyk" <······@interaccess.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>························@nntp.interaccess.com...
>> Are there any plans to port CMUCL to Windows?
>
>You can read on the CMUCL home page that "it is being investigated".
>J.B.

The only place I saw it mentioned is in answer to a question about a
port to win32. It said that it has been determined that a native port
versus one through cygwin would be better.
Other than that nothing was mentioned.
From: Thomas F. Burdick
······@interaccess.com (Thaddeus L Olczyk) writes:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 09:03:17 +0100, "Janos Blazi" <······@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Thaddeus L Olczyk" <······@interaccess.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >························@nntp.interaccess.com...
> >> Are there any plans to port CMUCL to Windows?
> >
> >You can read on the CMUCL home page that "it is being investigated".
> >J.B.
> >
> The only place I saw it mentioned is in answer to a question about a
> port to win32. It said that it has been determined that a native port
> versus one through cygwin would be better.
> Other than that nothing was mentioned.

AFAIK, none of the CMUCL developers are interested in personally doing
this, but if someone were, it would be gladly accepted.  It would
probably be a real pain in the butt, but doable.  And it would
definately be easier to port SBCL, then CMUCL.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |