From: Rolf Mach
Subject: Press release: Xanalys Inc. introduces LispWorks 4.2
XANALYS INC. INTRODUCES LISPWORKS 4.2 AND DROPS RUNTIME FEES ON PC
Waltham, MA, 19th December 2001

Xanalys, Inc. announces the release of LispWorks 4.2, the advanced
dynamic programming environment based on ANSI Common Lisp.

Release 4.2 of Xanalys LispWorks contains numerous improvements:

ALL PLATFORMS
- Improved documentation
- Syntax coloring/highlighting
- Windows keys emulation
- Improved multithreading in IDE
- Toolbars and other improvements in IDE
- New CAPI elements: text-input-range, tree-view, tooltip
- Extended sockets API
- CORBA Object URLs

WIN32 AND LINUX
- Foreign parser: FLI generator/header files conversion tool
- Improved runtime efficiency

WIN32
- COM  client and server  interface and COM  browsers
- MDI
- New CAPI element: docking-layout

LINUX AND UNIX
- ODBC interface

UNIX
- New CAPI elements: progress-bar, toolbar
- HP-UX11 support

NO RUNTIME LICENSE FEES FOR LISPWORKS ON WINDOWS AND LINUX
Applications generated with LispWorks 4.2 Professional or Enterprise
Edition
for Windows and Linux will not need a license key anymore.

"Our users have convinced us that the concept of runtime fee on PC is
the
main factor preventing the use of Lisp as a delivery language for many
commercial applications. The burden of royalty fees too often outweighs
the
clear technical advantages Lisp has over other development tools." says
Brigitte Bovy, Xanalys's Product Manager for LispWorks.

The runtime fee for LispWorks applications delivered for Unix is 750
USD/EUR independent of the number of CPUs or users connecting to a Lisp
application acting as a server.

NEW PRICING FOR LISPWORKS 4.2 ON WINDOWS AND LINUX
- LispWorks Personal - available free of charge at www.xanalys.com
- LispWorks Professional 900.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks Enterprise 2,800.00 USD/EUR

NEW PRICING FOR LISPWORKS 4.2 ON UNIX
- LispWorks Developer 5,000.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks CLIM Module 1,000.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks KnowledgeWorks Module 1,000.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks CORBA Module 1,500.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks Delivery Module for generation of runtimes 1,500.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks Runtime 750.00 USD/EUR
- LispWorks Application 1,500.00 USD/EUR

UPGRADE FROM LISPWORKS 4.1 TO LISPWORKS 4.2
LispWorks 4.1 customers who have a current maintenance agreement can
receive LispWorks 4.2 free of charge on request through
··········@xanalys.com.

Unsupported users with a valid LispWorks 4.1 license can purchase an
upgrade to LispWorks 4.2 for 50% of the LispWorks 4.2 commercial list
price.

All prices are either in USD for North America and Asia or in Euro
within the EC.

AVAILABILITY
LispWorks 4.2 Professional and Enterprise Edition for Linux and Windows
is available immediately.

LispWorks 4.2 Personal Edition for Linux and Windows is available 15th
January.

LispWorks 4.2 for Unix will be available as a beta release at the end of
January 2002.

ABOUT XANALYS
Xanalys is a leading provider of programming language and information
management solutions for public agencies and enterprises worldwide.
Xanalys and has offices in the US, UK, Germany and Australia. Xanalys is
a subsidiary of Global Graphics (EASDAQ: GLGR), headquartered in Nancy,
France.

CONTACT
Please contact ··········@xanalys.com for further information or visit
our website www.xanalys.com

Rolf Mach
Business Development & Sales Manager, Europe

An der Schaafhansenwiese 6
D-65428 Ruesselsheim, Germany
Phone ++49 +6142 938197
Fax ++49 +6142 938199
·····@xanalys.com

Watson  -  PowerCase  -  Quenza  -  LispWorks

From: Siegfried Gonzi
Rolf Mach wrote:

> NEW PRICING FOR LISPWORKS 4.2 ON WINDOWS AND LINUX
> - LispWorks Personal - available free of charge at www.xanalys.com
> - LispWorks Professional 900.00 USD/EUR
> - LispWorks Enterprise 2,800.00 USD/EUR

Sorry, for not beeing really on-topic:

This is the first software offer which *does not rip-off* European customers!

Normally, European customers have to pay 2 times and more the prices of the American ones.
Yes, yes, duty, shipping, exchange-rate, and so on...but this does not sum up to this prices
(which e.g. Mathematica, IDL, and so on...does cost in Europe).

[This is the reason why I refuse to use IDL; even though our university runs legal licenses
and I would not have to pay]

After seeing this offer, I think there is hope,

Regards,
Siegfried Gonzi
From: Bruce Lester
What is yearly maintenance for each product in USD?

······················@xanalys.com...

______________

From: Barry Margolin
In article <···················@news7.onvoy.net>,
Bruce Lester <············@digi.com> wrote:
>What is yearly maintenance for each product in USD?

I think you can find that out by following these instructions from the
press release:

--
Barry Margolin, ······@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA