From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Semaphor Intro Available for ACL (any day now)
One more section in the tutorial and i will have some pretty decent
coverage of how semaphors work, including issues arising when a cluster
of semaphor-powered instances (ModelObjects) are linked in a larger
application model.

Two caveats. One, this will not be the "fun" GUI stuff, this has turned
out to be almost an under-the-hood close look at semaphors. Two, the doc
itself is still spotty. So this is a call for people who (a) like to
look under the hood and (b) understand the doc needs work. Mind you I
have been polishing it as best i can, but I could keep that up for
another week -- and will do so happily if no one wants to be a guinea
pig.

BTW, the tutorial stuff so far includes the code and listener output, so
you can follow it without installing the distro and playing along at
home.

Also, I have pretty much decided to GPL Semaphors, so until we get into
the ACL/win32/CG-based GUI stuff anyone with a CL supporting the MOP[1]
should be able to play along. But I have not yet picked out one of the
open source licenses or settled a couple of details, so the first distro
may be binary.

I can probably send Semaphors out Sunday night or Monday to anyone
interested. looks like it will be under 1 meg. Anyone interested (given
the caveats above) can send me email and I will get it to you. The folks
receiving this BCCed directly will get a distro unless you send me email
saying you'll wait until the doc is polished.

kenny
clinisys

[1] MCL users: if there is a lot of interest in an MCL version I could
produce one (MOP was brought in after Semaphors were developed).