From: ab talebi
Subject: End of file problem
when I try to compile my program it gives me this error message:

End of file while reading stream #<FILE-STREAM
D:\Documenes\privat\tommy.lisp>.

any idea what the problem is?

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: Re: End of file problem
············@yahoo.com (ab talebi) writes:

> when I try to compile my program it gives me this error message:
>
> End of file while reading stream #<FILE-STREAM
> D:\Documenes\privat\tommy.lisp>.
>
> any idea what the problem is?

Almost certainly it's unbalanced parens

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Mike McDonald
In article <·················@news.uio.no>,
	············@yahoo.com (ab talebi) writes:
> when I try to compile my program it gives me this error message:
>
> End of file while reading stream #<FILE-STREAM
> D:\Documenes\privat\tommy.lisp>.
>
> any idea what the problem is?

  Most likely you have unbalanced parentheses or double quotes.

  Mike McDonald
  ·······@mikemac.com
From: Marco Antoniotti
·······@mikemac.com (Mike McDonald) writes:

> In article <·················@news.uio.no>,
> 	············@yahoo.com (ab talebi) writes:
> > when I try to compile my program it gives me this error message:
> >
> > End of file while reading stream #<FILE-STREAM
> > D:\Documenes\privat\tommy.lisp>.
> >
> > any idea what the problem is?
>
>   Most likely you have unbalanced parentheses or double quotes.

... or an unbalanced #| |# (nesting) comment.

Cheer

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: Raymond Wiker
Marco Antoniotti <·······@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> ·······@mikemac.com (Mike McDonald) writes:
>
> > In article <·················@news.uio.no>,
> > 	············@yahoo.com (ab talebi) writes:
> > > when I try to compile my program it gives me this error message:
> > >
> > > End of file while reading stream #<FILE-STREAM
> > > D:\Documenes\privat\tommy.lisp>.
> > >
> > > any idea what the problem is?
> >
> >   Most likely you have unbalanced parentheses or double quotes.
>
> ... or an unbalanced #| |# (nesting) comment.

        This sort of problem is of course trivial to diagnose/fix for
emacs users: Place the cursor at the beginning of the file and keep
hitting M-C-f (forward-sexp) until you get an "unbalanced expression"
message.

--
Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  ·············@fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/
From: Dave Sieber
Raymond Wiker <·············@fast.no> writes:

>         This sort of problem is of course trivial to diagnose/fix for
> emacs users: Place the cursor at the beginning of the file and keep
> hitting M-C-f (forward-sexp) until you get an "unbalanced expression"
> message.

There is also M-x check-parens, which checks the current buffer and
finds unbalanced parens, brackets, and quotes.

--
dave
From: Steve Long
Missing parentheses.