From: David E. Young
Subject: AllegroStore and a "mea culpa"
Greetings. A few weeks back I started a thread describing some trouble we
were having using AllegroStore with our application. At the time there was
a reasonable degree of circumstantial evidence that the problem lay with
either
AStore or ObjectStore, perhaps because we were utilizing this software in an
atypical manner.

At the present time, we believe the actual cause of our difficulty was a
subtle timing issue in *our* application and that AllegroStore was an
"innocent bystander". This posting reflects our effort to set the record
straight; we currently have no substantive reason to believe AllegroStore is
misbehaving in this situation.

I'll now return to my generous helping of humble pie...

Regards,

David E. Young
········@computer.org
http://lisa.sourceforge.net

"But all the world understands my language."
  -- Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
From: Francis Leboutte
Subject: Re: AllegroStore and a "mea culpa"
"David E. Young" <········@computer.org> wrote:

>Greetings. A few weeks back I started a thread describing some trouble we
>were having using AllegroStore with our application. At the time there was
>a reasonable degree of circumstantial evidence that the problem lay with
>either
>AStore or ObjectStore, perhaps because we were utilizing this software in an
>atypical manner.
>
>At the present time, we believe the actual cause of our difficulty was a
>subtle timing issue in *our* application and that AllegroStore was an
>"innocent bystander". This posting reflects our effort to set the record
>straight; we currently have no substantive reason to believe AllegroStore is
>misbehaving in this situation.

Hello,

Welcome in the club of the happy users of Allegrostore :-) Regarding the
make an existing CLOS application persistent using Allegrostore. And now I have
the same judgment regarding how easy it is to maintain this same application and
make the schema of the database evolve. Thanks to CLOS and Allegrostore.

--
www.algo.be
Logo programming : www.algo.be/logo.html