From: Matti J Karki
Subject: CLISP+docs+sockets
Hi!

I'm trying to learn LISP with CLISP. The clisp.cons.org site seems to be
down and I'm unable to fetch documents located in there. Is there a
place where I could get documents about CLISP and sockets? Or is there
a simple example how to use sockets (or files and how to handle
end-of-file and other exceptions)?

Sincerely,
	Matti J. K�rki

From: Hannu Koivisto
Subject: Re: CLISP+docs+sockets
Matti J Karki <·······@melkki.cs.Helsinki.FI> writes:

| I'm trying to learn LISP with CLISP. The clisp.cons.org site seems to be

The spelling "LISP" is dated, it's customary to write "Lisp"
instead these days.

<http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>

| a simple example how to use sockets (or files and how to handle
| end-of-file and other exceptions)?

For handling conditions (as exceptions are called in CL parlance)
in general, see CLHS, Common Lisp HyperSpec.  There's a link to it
on the mentioned CLISP page.

--
Hannu
From: Matti J Karki
Hannu Koivisto <·····@iki.fi> wrote:

> | down and I'm unable to fetch documents located in there. Is there a
> | place where I could get documents about CLISP and sockets? Or is there

> <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>

OK. Thanks. I already cancelled this message because I found impnotes.html
from the CLisp source distribution.

> | a simple example how to use sockets (or files and how to handle
> | end-of-file and other exceptions)?

> For handling conditions (as exceptions are called in CL parlance)
> in general, see CLHS, Common Lisp HyperSpec.  There's a link to it
> on the mentioned CLISP page.

All right. Thanks for your advice.

--
Matti J. K�rki

	Immortality through software.
From: Mark Watson
Hello Matti,

You can install the Common Lisp library CLOCC
from http://clocc.sourceforge.net/

CLOCC installs very easily in CLISP, and offers
a socket interface (see server.lisp for an example)
in the distribution.

In CLISP, compile and load CLOCC, then save a new
memory image.

-Mark

--Mark Watson -- Java consulting, Open Source and Content:
www.markwatson.com
From: Philip Lijnzaad
> from http://clocc.sourceforge.net/

OK, this is bad form, but I couldn't find any ·········@somewhere for this
(at least not easily): just to note that none of the *.lisp links on
ftp://clocc.sourceforge.net/pub/clocc/snapshots/cllib.html
are readable.  Cheers,

                                                                      Philip
--
Real programs don't eat cache (Malay)
Philip Lijnzaad, ········@ebi.ac.uk \ European Bioinformatics Institute,rm A2-08
From: Sam Steingold
> * In message <············@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>
> * On the subject of "CLISP+docs+sockets"
> * Sent on 17 Aug 2001 07:27:14 GMT
> * Honorable Matti J Karki <·······@melkki.cs.Helsinki.FI> writes:
>
> I'm trying to learn LISP with CLISP.
welcome!

> The clisp.cons.org site seems to be down and I'm unable to fetch
> documents located in there.

cons.org is down now.
this is beyond our control.
please use http://clisp.sf.net and
https://sourceforge.net/projects/clisp/

http://clisp.sourceforge.net/impnotes.html#socket

> Or is there a simple example how to use sockets (or files and how to
> handle end-of-file and other exceptions)?

<http://www.podval.org/~sds/data/port.html>
see net.lisp

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)