From: Mark Watson
Subject: Q: Brill tagger in Lisp
I found Brill's tagger in C (version 1.14), but I am still looking
for version 1.13 that was written in Lisp.  Know where I can find it?

Also, anyone ported Xerox's tagger to LispWorks?

Thanks,
Mark

-- Mark Watson
-- Java consulting, Open Source and Content: www.markwatson.com
-- New: Open Content Java AI book  8/9/2001

From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: Re: Q: Brill tagger in Lisp
Mark Watson <·····@NOSPAMmarkwatson.com> writes:

> I found Brill's tagger in C (version 1.14), but I am still looking for
> version 1.13 that was written in Lisp.  Know where I can find it?

I've interfaced the Brill tagger to CL using an FFI in ACL.  It was
years ago, and so I'll look for the code, if I still have it.

I wasn't too thrilled with the Brill code itself (it was pretty hard for
me to follow).

> Also, anyone ported Xerox's tagger to LispWorks?

I had trouble getting Xerox's tagger to work with ACL, which only leads
me to think that it might be difficult to get it working in LW as well.
Have you tried?  If you get it working, please write to this list,
telling about what you had to do in order to get it working.

dave
From: Mark Watson
Hello Dave,

I am (right now!) wrapping the Brill C code in LispWorks
using win32::open-pipe.  This is a little crude, but it works
well, except for high overhead.  Anyway, I just wanted something
that works, so I am happy enough.

I will package up my hack and post it on my web site
soon on my Open Source page.